Do you recognize this smoker?

carl_694

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hey all,
I could swear I've seen this model before, but can't seem to place it. Seems like a Pecos or Brazos, but firebox is on the opposite side. Guy says he repainted and added the wood. Wants $200. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190520-111734_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190520-111734_Facebook.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 420
Thickness...

Attachments

• received_339245440069693.jpg
    received_339245440069693.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 414
Looks just like my New Braunfels except mine doesn't have the warmer on the firebox.

Looks like a new Braunfels. Firebox looks like mine. But my smoker is heavily modified.

Attachments

• 20160810_124257.jpg
    20160810_124257.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 385
Brinkman used to make a smoker like that but I don't think they had wood handles.

The tiny wheels on it are quite telling that you might be looking at a lipstick on a pig bar-b-que.
I think I would look on, myself.
I can find a lot of new off sets around the $200 price mark. Then just add some firebrick liner and flame on!
I'm one of the "It don't take a second mortgage to Bar-B-Que crowd" :wink:

Looks like my ECB with a warmer shelf added. See avatar.
Mine is getting ready to have a shelf just like it when I strip it down for a repaint.
Same wire rack underneath and tiny little wheels.
BTW, I paid ~$175 for mine new many years ago.

Pic of the wheels and bottom rack.
Handles and stack are different, but mine's 20 to 25 years old. They could have changed a bit.

Last edited:
My New Braunfels. The cool touch handles and shelf were upgrades.

Attachments

• SmokerII.jpg
    SmokerII.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 273
Other than the stack, looks like the ECB and NB could be twins.
Well, related anyway. The lower rack, the leg brace, the wheels, the grease can hook.
I'm sure the NB is a heavier gage steel.
I wonder if Brinkman and NB are/were in cahoots at some time?

Last edited:
Also $200 seems a bit high to me. Brand new they were $199 - $250 at Lowes/Home Depot.

Hey all,
Thank you so much for the feedback. I think we have a good handle on this rig. If I can get it for 125 I'll probably grab it. Otherwise I'll just wait. Thanks again!

Looks just like my first offset smoker. It was a New Braunfels that I bought in the late 80's or early 90's. We were visiting my wife's family in Austin TX and stopped at a place that sold outdoor patio stuff, they had one going with beef sausage on it and were giving samples of it out. Bought one and brought it home in a Dodge mini van with two adults and two kids plus luggage. It served me well but finally burnt out and that is how it all started, and has not slowed down since.

Back