MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:59 AM   #61
StevenZ
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenZ View Post
Congrats! Mine shipped too. Ordered mine on Monday morning and got the shipped email Monday night. Called Weber to confirm and they said everything will deliver on Friday. Weber's website now shows that they're out of stock and open to pre-orders for mid-Feb shipment.

Called Weber Friday and was told it hadn't even shipped yet. Even though I got an email notification on Tuesday and called Tuesday to confirm (and was told SEKO was delivering Friday). Called again Monday and they sent a different shipment email that said it was shipped last Friday and to call SEKO for further updates. Called SEKO and they told me the order hadn't been shipped and wasn't scheduled to pick up until Today (Tuesday). Anywho, SEKO shows that delivery will be made on Friday. I'm excited but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #62
mcyork28
is One Chatty Farker

Mine showed shipped for a week before Seko actually picked it up. The tracking information showed "Booked" for a week and finally showed movement yesterday. The projected delivery date for me was 2/12. I'm not holding my breath either. I highly doubt I will see a delivery tomorrow.

Quote:
Called Weber Friday and was told it hadn't even shipped yet. Even though I got an email notification on Tuesday and called Tuesday to confirm (and was told SEKO was delivering Friday). Called again Monday and they sent a different shipment email that said it was shipped last Friday and to call SEKO for further updates. Called SEKO and they told me the order hadn't been shipped and wasn't scheduled to pick up until Today (Tuesday). Anywho, SEKO shows that delivery will be made on Friday. I'm excited but I'm not holding my breath.
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #63
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
No kidding… he’d already have a cook or two under his belt if he lived in Japan. Darn time zones have taken the suspense to unimaginable levels [emoji27]
Time zones are so 2019...

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2020, 12:43 PM   #64
Mat
On the road to being a farker

I’m EST. The shipping company called me yesterday morning to confirm delivery for today. The projected delivery was 2/12 so I assume expect a call first before anything.

I’ll take pics when it comes and document it as best I can. I was going to “blog” about it on my amazon affiliate site. But I’m a very lazy person.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-11-2020, 12:56 PM   #65
creek bottom
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
I’m EST. The shipping company called me yesterday morning to confirm delivery for today. The projected delivery was 2/12 so I assume expect a call first before anything.

I’ll take pics when it comes and document it as best I can. I was going to “blog” about it on my amazon affiliate site. But I’m a very lazy person.
I am so looking forward to hearing how these actually work in real life before I bite the bullet and get one.

A1 Competition Smoker; Oklahoma Joe's Bronco; Weber 22" Kettle; Weber 300 Series Gasser; Masterbuilt 30" Electric Cabinet
creek bottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #66
Mat

https://ibb.co/nQWsFSd

Last edited by Mat; 02-11-2020 at 01:11 PM..

Old 02-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #67
StevenZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by creek bottom View Post
I am so looking forward to hearing how these actually work in real life before I bite the bullet and get one.
There's a few active Facebook groups that have some user experiences documented. Mostly all positive. From what I've seen you're going to want to keep them away from the wind as much as possible to maintain even grate temps and they gobble pellets like crazy.

Last edited by StevenZ; 02-11-2020 at 01:22 PM..
StevenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #68
Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by creek bottom View Post
I was in same mindset then said F it. I already have my Myron mixon h20 which I love and I wanted a pellet for cooks that I don’t want to tend to. I had a cookshack I resurrected but it being 15ish years old I got nervous if the electronics went it would cost more to replace than the smoker was worth and more expensive than the Weber.

So I sold the Cookshack and my green egg and bought this. I’ll have it assembled shortly and hope to cook tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2020, 04:01 PM   #69
OneHump
Take a breath!

Got my call from Seko today for delivery tomorrow. Should be interesting.
OneHump is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2020, 05:24 PM   #70
mnbadger
Full Fledged Farker

Got my call today as well. Delivery tomorrow 3-5pm.

As others have said... I got the big one and expect it to be a pellet eating monster. Oh well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old 02-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #71
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Talked to the owner at Ace today... Still sitting on Weber’s dock.

Hopefully next week!

I love the naysayers, there’s gotta be a problem with everything

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #72
Mat

Slightly annoying to put together. Ended up having to wait for my wife with a couple parts.

It’s together now. Might wait to season tomorrow

Old 02-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #73
rwalters
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Slightly annoying to put together. Ended up having to wait for my wife with a couple parts.

Pic? Which model did you go with?

Old 02-11-2020, 06:36 PM   #74
StevenZ

Quote:

Some guys are saying to use the BILT app and that it's a breeze with it. Never used the app but looks like a neat program.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #75
Mat

Quote:
Some guys are saying to use the BILT app and that it's a breeze with it. Never used the app but looks like a neat program.
I was wrong. Didn’t know about the app. You figure it all out but a couple steps I was a little unsure. The metal cover to the fire pot was covered in this grease/oil. I wiped it off a little and will burn it off during seasoning

Last edited by Mat; 02-11-2020 at 07:11 PM..