MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:44 PM   #16
mnbadger
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
Sweet.

Got my confirmation today that the formal order was placed from Weber and will ding the credit card.

Then they arrange shipping. So hopefully will have mine in a few weeks. Gonna be raining Smoke Fires around here I feel

Did you order from Weber?
Yep I ordered straight from Weber. I figured that would be the best from a warranty standpoint if I had any issues. I am jealous of the people getting free covers ordering from other places since I had to buy mine. Delivery according to FedEx is Wednesday. I'm pretty sure that's going to be to the Minneapolis freight hub though and then they need to ship it down to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old 02-05-2020, 06:03 AM   #17
StevenZ
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Congrats! Mine shipped too. Ordered mine on Monday morning and got the shipped email Monday night. Called Weber to confirm and they said everything will deliver on Friday. Weber's website now shows that they're out of stock and open to pre-orders for mid-Feb shipment.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #18
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Will definitely follow this
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #19
OneHump
Take a breath!

Awesome how I pre-ordered in December and mine still hasn't shipped. I wonder what the hold-up is.

Looking forward to comparing smoke to FEC 120, which is a bit apples and oranges, but should be fun.
OneHump is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2020, 01:52 PM   #20
StevenZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHump View Post
Awesome how I pre-ordered in December and mine still hasn't shipped. I wonder what the hold-up is.

Looking forward to comparing smoke to FEC 120, which is a bit apples and oranges, but should be fun.
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. Weber definitely dropped the ball on this. Unless you ordered through Lowe's which I know is a bit behind due to Lowe's needing to get them in stock before shipping out / vs Weber direct drop-shipped. From what I've read if you bought through Weber it seems like their orders went out first.

Old 02-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #21
OneHump
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenZ View Post
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. Weber definitely dropped the ball on this. Unless you ordered through Lowe's which I know is a bit behind due to Lowe's needing to get them in stock before shipping out / vs Weber direct drop-shipped. From what I've read if you bought through Weber it seems like their orders went out first.
I ordered through Weber in December and then confirmed in January. They billed me on Monday and my cover/pellets shipped yesterday. The order status page shows that my order is "Received" and "Not shipped."

I'll just have to be patient.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #22
Stxhunter
Got Wood.

I did the preorder back in November. Just got my pellets in today and should have the grill by middle of next week. Can’t wait to give it a try!
Stxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2020, 05:57 AM   #23
Crispy Bacon
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Crispy

That’s awesome! I’m really surprised that Weber invited Baby back & Harry & that they didn’t hook them up with a grill sooner. They had no problems with using them & their influence to sell grills. Not trying to sound rude. Anyways, looking forward to seeing some reviews of this grill. Best of luck with with it. I maybe right behind you in purchasing one! Thanks for posting!
Crispy Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #24
Servo
On the road to being a farker

Awesome mnbadger!

Someone should start a Weber Smokefire cooker 'megathread' for all the new owners to consolidate discussion. I'm sure we'll see eventually see an influx of folks all asking about it and the megathread is such a nice format (IMO).

Can't wait to see your first cooks!
Blackstone 28 Griddle
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #25
StevenZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Bacon View Post
That’s awesome! I’m really surprised that Weber invited Baby back & Harry & that they didn’t hook them up with a grill sooner. They had no problems with using them & their influence to sell grills. Not trying to sound rude. Anyways, looking forward to seeing some reviews of this grill. Best of luck with with it. I maybe right behind you in purchasing one! Thanks for posting!
I suppose it's possible they already have given them one each. But yes I would agree that if they just use them for their media influence and didn't compensate them with a grill of their choice it would be pretty sad.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #26
OneHump
Take a breath!

I gave Weber a call to find out why they're purportedly shipping same day orders while holding onto my pre-order. According to customer service, pre-orders will start going out tomorrow.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #27
StevenZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHump View Post
I gave Weber a call to find out why they're purportedly shipping same day orders while holding onto my pre-order. According to customer service, pre-orders will start going out tomorrow.
That is just so odd to me that the pre-orders ship later than same day.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:22 AM   #28
StevenZ

I've seen a lot of folks on FB groups saying their pre-orders have already shipped. I bet it has more to do with allocations per region. You'll get yours though, you can be sure of that.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #29
rwalters
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenZ View Post
I've seen a lot of folks on FB groups saying their pre-orders have already shipped. I bet it has more to do with allocations per region. You'll get yours though, you can be sure of that.

You sure you didn’t slip (PayPal) the Weber rep $20 the other day when you ordered yours... [emoji848][emoji848][emoji12]

Old 02-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #30
StevenZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
You sure you didn’t slip (PayPal) the Weber rep $20 the other day when you ordered yours... [emoji848][emoji848][emoji12]
Hah, yeah. Well, yeah I just called Weber again to see why I haven't been contacted by SEKO and they informed me that my grill has actually NOT shipped, which contradicts what the customer rep said on Tuesday (and the order status on Weber's website). Rather, it will ship tomorrow for mid/late next week delivery at best. Boy, I sure hope Weber starts tightening up a few things around there.

I'm fine with next week arrival though. Gives me time to find a good brisket and some other stuff. I won't be cancelling my order like some others I've seen.

Thanks from:--->