MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #3151
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

Another very satisfied MAK 1 Star owner here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #3152
ryan10
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Ryan

Pretty much narrowed down my search for the best pellet grill for my needs and all signs point to the Mak 1⭐️ General. But before purchasing I was wondering if anyone knows or if anyone has heard of any new models coming out in the near future with any upgrades before I go ahead and buy one now. I know if I buy one and something newer comes out I could probably just get the upgrade but Id rather wait if that were the case. I dont necessarily need the grill right away so if anyone knows anything let me know!
ryan10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #3153
stan5677
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
Pretty much narrowed down my search for the best pellet grill for my needs and all signs point to the Mak 1⭐️ General. But before purchasing I was wondering if anyone knows or if anyone has heard of any new models coming out in the near future with any upgrades before I go ahead and buy one now. I know if I buy one and something newer comes out I could probably just get the upgrade but Id rather wait if that were the case. I dont necessarily need the grill right away so if anyone knows anything let me know!
Mak just recently updated their models not too long ago.
stan5677 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #3154
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
Most upgrades you'll be able to retrofit on current grills based off MAK's past history, you can also call MAK and ask if anything new is in the hopper. My 1 Star with the Flame Zone insert is coming up on 2yrs old, does everything I need it todo, plan to be cooking on it 20yrs from now and the way it is built I don't any reason why I won't be able too.
Weber Go-Anywhere

All American Moinkballer
KevinJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-19-2020, 06:13 AM   #3155
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Sup guys! Long time no talk. Been busy with a 3 month little girl. Best thing that’s ever happened to me. Time to get back to bbqing!

Old 02-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #3156
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Nice ta see ya!

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 08:04 AM   #3157
rwalters
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKING! View Post
Sup guys! Long time no talk. Been busy with a 3 month little girl. Best thing that’s ever happened to me. Time to get back to bbqing!

Congrats daddy. Been wondering about you! Glad to see you back :)

Old 02-19-2020, 10:38 PM   #3158
Lees23
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Steve

Alright all. I skimmed several pages here, but WAY too much information to read at all.

Help me decide please:

Budget 2k

Cooking Needs:
-It needs to be able to smoke and grill effectively. I would like a programmable temp of >500 and direct flame cooking if possible.
->1000 sq inches of cooking space
-Reliable wife (and WI-FI)

Grills I have looked at am considering(but open to others): Camp Chef WW WI-FI 36” w/sidekick, Yoder YS640s,
Pitts and Spitts 1250 (well out of price rage optioned out with WI-FI), RT 700, Treager Timberline 1300, broil king royal 500, pellet pro 1190. I actually have a Weber SF Ex6 in a box at home but I am 95% sure it’s going back. Seems like a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Lees23; 02-19-2020 at 11:02 PM..
Lees23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 10:57 PM   #3159
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees23 View Post
Alright all. I skimmed several pages here, but WAY too much information to read at all.

Help me decide please:

Budget 2k

Cooking Needs:
-Reliable wife

Hrm... I don't know any that come with the Reliable wife option.
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 11:01 PM   #3160
Lees23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychilla View Post
Hrm... I don't know any that come with the Reliable wife option.
Haha... WI-FI.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:07 PM   #3161
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Haha... WI-FI.
Curious to see what answers you get on the wifi bit as that tech still seems to be iffy on PGs.
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2020, 11:31 PM   #3162
rwalters
Babbling Farker

Quote:

Help me decide please:

Budget 2k

Cooking Needs:
-It needs to be able to smoke and grill effectively. I would like a programmable temp of >500 and direct flame cooking if possible.

Grills I have looked at am considering(but open to others): Camp Chef WW WI-FI 36” w/sidekick, Yoder YS640s,
Pitts and Spitts 1250 (well out of price rage optioned out with WI-FI), RT 700, Treager Timberline 1300, broil king royal 500, pellet pro 1190. I actually have a Weber SF Ex6 in a box at home but I am 95% sure it’s going back. Seems like a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!!!

I see you are looking for > 1000 sq” of cooking space. Depending on grill layout, I am wondering if you really need that much. Perhaps you do... but play along with me for a min :) How many people do you cook for on a regular basis and do you enjoy entertaining? How many butts or briskets would you want to be able to cook at once? Sometimes discussing the quantity of food vs sq” helps as not all cookers utilize their space equally.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:29 AM   #3163
BKING!
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Quote:

Help me decide please:

Budget 2k

Cooking Needs:

Thanks in advance!!!
Lone star grills is coming out with a monster pellet grill with a removable sear plate. I’m curious how it will do once it comes out.

Old 02-20-2020, 06:17 AM   #3164
Lees23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
I see you are looking for > 1000 sq” of cooking space. Depending on grill layout, I am wondering if you really need that much. Perhaps you do... but play along with me for a min :) How many people do you cook for on a regular basis and do you enjoy entertaining? How many butts or briskets would you want to be able to cook at once? Sometimes discussing the quantity of food vs sq” helps as not all cookers utilize their space equally.
Well this is for our lake condo. We are basically the social hub of our complex as we have the biggest patio, are centrally located in the complex and truly enjoy the company. It’s not uncommon to have 20+ over unannounced. There is basically an open invite on the weekends and people just bring food to cook and it turns into a giant feast. I currently have a 24” Memphis Pro that just isn’t quite big enough and I would like to bring it back to my primary residence. I also have a RecTec Bullyseys that I will fire up when we run out of space on the Memphis. I am having auger issues on the Bullseye and I would like to be able to have just one grill. What are you thinking?

Old 02-20-2020, 07:56 AM   #3165
rwalters
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Well this is for our lake condo. We are basically the social hub of our complex as we have the biggest patio, are centrally located in the complex and truly enjoy the company. It’s not uncommon to have 20+ over unannounced. There is basically an open invite on the weekends and people just bring food to cook and it turns into a giant feast. I currently have a 24” Memphis Pro that just isn’t quite big enough and I would like to bring it back to my primary residence. I also have a RecTec Bullyseys that I will fire up when we run out of space on the Memphis. I am having auger issues on the Bullseye and I would like to be able to have just one grill. What are you thinking?

Sounds like good times, that’s for sure! So, when you have 20ish people over, what are the common things that you find yourself cooking? Do you do more grilling or smoking? More often than not, what do you find your Memphis loaded down with when you are wishing it had a bit more room?