• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

More recent inquiry about Charcoal Briquettes

Well this is more....
Much more than I ever thought I would get out of a fairly simple question and I am loving it.

Regardless, Are these the Weber Briquettes some of you are talking about?

Also I wouldn't mind trying these RO All Natural briqs but I do NOT support Walmart.

How does Amazon not have them but Walmart does?

Well this is more....
Much more than I ever thought I would get out of a fairly simple question and I am loving it.

And then there's this guy

Also I wouldn't mind trying these RO All Natural briqs but I do NOT support Walmart.

Well this is more....

And then there's this guy

Good question. But not sure any of us has an definitive answer. My guess is it’s probably a contract between Walmart and RO. If Walmart doesn’t work for you (RO All Natural) find a place close that sells the Chefs select. I’ve heard it’s exactly the same and price wise is nearly identical to Walmart’s RO All Natural when you take into account the price/size of the bag.

What -if any- are the differences between these two?

Other than the packaging...

Attachments

• RO1.jpg
    RO1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 90
  • RO2.jpg
    RO2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 89
walmart is large enough to dictate to there venders how there product is packaged i use to work whith a person whose wife is a smuckers of oraville ohio they make them jump trough hoops his father in law realy is agravated by them

I liked Stubbs because they burned hot and longer than any other briquette than an ever used. I emailed the Stubbs Co the other day and they recommended Cowboy (still not sure if these are the same Co but they do not appear to be)

I am going to try these this Weekend for a cookout
and will report back. This thread has turned into such a diverse and diverging directions that I will have to perhaps do a breakdown vid or HtH on some of these brands.

For now I'll just report some thoughts on the Bayou Brand as I've never heard of it but it was rec by one of the posters

I liked Stubbs because they burned hot and longer than any other briquette than an ever used. I emailed the Stubbs Co the other day and they recommended Cowboy (still not sure if these are the same Co but they do not appear to be)

I am going to try these this Weekend for a cookout
and will report back. This thread has turned into such a diverse and diverging directions that I will have to perhaps do a breakdown vid or HtH on some of these brands.

For now I'll just report some thoughts on the Bayou Brand as I've never heard of it but it was rec by one of the posters

I love Cowboy, but there is nowhere around me that is currently carrying it. I bought a ton of it last spring when it was on sale and am running low.

I'm guessing it won't be back in my area, anytime soon. I think I'm going to try the RO All Natural next.

What -if any- are the differences between these two?

Other than the packaging...

One briquette is slightly smaller than the other. All Natural is really quick to light and I find it burns a bit hotter than the Premium.

Honestly, I personally buy both (and I think you should get 1 of each and try them). I use the All Natural when I do steaks or for my comp cooks/comp practice because I like consistency. It's my favorite and the rumor is its exactly the same as Chef's Select. If you like Kingsford Professional, these put out similar heat but I think they last a little longer.

I use Premium (Red White Blue bags) for regular grilling/indirect applications and whenever I run the WSM at home. It's the best value in briquettes....period. Cheaper than KBB and it smells better. In the summer I use a bunch of it. 1/2-2/3 of a fully lit chimney in my SNSXL and I cook dinner on the Weber 26 day-in, day-out.

I love Cowboy, but there is nowhere around me that is currently carrying it.

My local Lowe's has had Cowboy from get. I'm in Zona

I was getting Stubbs while Cowboy was sitting there but once Stubbs stopped I went to RO. Perhaps your local Home Depot?

HD

Lowes

Back