Smoked Rissoles

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Titch :-)
Simple and delish.

The Ingredients.

crumbed with Pork Cracklings

made a gravey ,onion and Instant is good, lots of pepper.

smoked with Cherry untill just under

Then add the gravy, continue smoking for 15 minutes or so

Thanks for looking
Isolated here for another 6 weeks

Looks awesome indeed so what do you call this thing?
Is it like a spin on a Swedish meatball thingy?

Thanks, we call them Rissoles.no idea where the name come from.
Meatballs will do.

Downright good looking dish. It looks like a cross between a meatball and Salisbury steak, but no doubt it would satisfy your appetite. Great job, Titch!

Well hello! I'd love to become much better acquainted with that dish. Looks amazing Titch

That looks great! What does baking soda do in that mix?

Thanks.
Appears to give a slight spongy feel,works for us
Suppose to Lighten the meatball and tenderize the meat.
See below.
Lifted from the Web
according to America's test Kitchen - 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1TBS water poured into 1-2 pounds of ground beef helps maintain moisture and stops the rubbery texture and dryness. Protein molecules seize up with high heat, the soda changes the PH of the protein, thus allowing it to be cooked over a high heat without the rubbery texture we get so many times.

Thanks.
Appears to give a slight spongy feel,works for us
Suppose to Lighten the meatball and tenderize the meat.
See below.
Lifted from the Web
according to America's test Kitchen - 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1TBS water poured into 1-2 pounds of ground beef helps maintain moisture and stops the rubbery texture and dryness. Protein molecules seize up with high heat, the soda changes the PH of the protein, thus allowing it to be cooked over a high heat without the rubbery texture we get so many times.

ATK...cool that you watch it down there, great show. I don't care what you call them they look great!

Wow, those look awesomely delicious. Doesn't matter what they're called, I'd dive right in. Nice job, Titch and thanks for sharing.

Back