Was Going To Enter the Steak Throwdown but...

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The outdoor part was going to be flamethrower sear. My ft knob stripped out and will need repair. So here is my Sous Vide cook with buttered skillet sear.

DIpHS7r.jpg

kiLsWGn.jpg

Steaks were 1.5 inches so 1.5 hours at 134*F.

pbyAKwU.jpg

baY1Ba4.jpg

Man they turned out Great.

jwj7dR5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Put the pan on your grill next time and sear it using some charcoal heat :thumb: I think that’d be a valid entry?

Looks good though :clap2:

Normally I would have got the grill hot and put sear marks on them but heat index was 109*F and sun right on the patio. Wussed out. :tsk:

Normally I would have got the grill hot and put sear marks on them but heat index was 109*F and sun right on the patio. Wussed out. :tsk:

It’s not quite hot that here but it’s still hot and humid...most of my grills are in sunny locations too and I’ve found myself cooking less outside lately.

I wouldn't count yourself out , it seems like people just vote for the favorites anyway. In my opinion entries should be anonymous until votes are in.

Couldn't agree more. When it comes to any election people should never vote for what they actually favor.

Couldn't agree more. When it comes to any election people should never vote for what they actually favor.

Wow Drunk, I am suprised we agree on something.Maybe there is hope we can get along some day.

Do you Believe people should vote for their favorite friend regardless of rest of the contestants?

Or should they vote for the best entry regardless of status?

Last edited:
That's actually a good idea but it would do away with cook threads in Q-Talk. Having won 12 throwdowns, One video TD and a Grand Master over the years, I have a target on my back anymore.

Last edited:
Wow Drunk, I am suprised we agree on something.Maybe there is hope we can get along some day.

Do you Believe people should vote for their favorite friend regardless of rest of the contestants?

You actually believe people vote for the submitter and not the submission? I assure you that is not the case. I don’t always vote for the winning submission but the most deserving entry tends to come out on top.

I just don't believe in the weird conspiracies that you seem to think are afoot here. I don't think this site is a popularity contest where only certain posters get votes in contest threads or more replies in regular cook threads. Sure there are some posters that get a bunch of repiles because they consistently post awesome stuff, but that doesn't take away from what anyone else posts.

Bottom line is that I am at fault here. I reacted to your post when I shouldn't have. This thread is about a very nice looking steak that HH made, not about site politics. Hopefully you stick around long enough to realize that things here aren't as complicated as you make them out to be. Either way I will do my 100% best to keep it on topic.

Hope you get that weed burner running again ASAP HH

That is a great looking cook Mike. I'm going to have to get into the sous vide camp one of these days. All it will take is cooking my wife a steak like that and she will be on board.

looks good to me, that inkbird SV is a great product, love mine, I was going to have sausage n eggs for breakfast till I started reading this, got 2 ribeye's in the sink thawing and going to try the Kitchener with the tenderizing blades installed now lmao

Back