Finishing Powder Grinder

GA1dad

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My coffee/spice grinder finally gave up the ghost. It never really worked that well for finishing powders anyway. So now I'm looking for a replacement for use at competitions (for freshness), that doesn't take up too much space,,, and most importantly, is capable of super fine grinding.

I'm giving serious consideration to trying a mortar and pestle. Any recommendations for an electric model?

Thanks in advance!

Can't help with electric, I just use cheap ones and replace when required, which has not been often.

If you go the mortar and pestle route check Asian supermarkets, I got a large stone one for < $25 a few years back. I suspect it would have been over $100 (possibly well over) at a Williams & Sonoma type place.

I also have one. It would leave powder, but also some chunks. Connected a potentiometer to slow the blade speed down. Takes a few seconds longer but is a much more consistent grind. :thumb:

I have a really old grinder, I think it belonged to my grandma but it still works. Anyway, I believe you may easily solve your problem if check some websites with different compilations of grinders for different budgets. or just to analyze the market of Amazon. I wish you good luck.

Back