• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2018 Texas Fall Bash Planning

I'm having to downgrade from definitely there to a maybe. Seems my parents are probably getting a divorce, and I might be having to help my dad move over the next few weekends. I'll let you know as I know more.

I'm having to downgrade from definitely there to a maybe. Seems my parents are probably getting a divorce, and I might be having to help my dad move over the next few weekends. I'll let you know as I know more.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Just move your dad to Belton. Problem solved. (I'm not making light of the situation)

Sorry to hear that.

Bring him with you to the Bash and move him when you get back? :mrgreen:

We will be in the third one up from the bottom lakeside.

Would that be this one? What time is everyone getting there on Friday? I'll be running around in the Austin area on Friday, wondering what a good time to get up there is?

NLQVeDLh.jpg

Yep that's the one. Look for a silver f 150 crew cab 4x4. Planning on eating around 6. Come up early we should be there. If I have to run off and get any last minute items there will be plenty of other Brethren around. Think about 7-8 sites are us.

Still trying to decide what to make. Is tri tip readily available down there? If not I think I might settle on some local sausages of some sort. Was thinking of bringing down all the fixings for some Chicago char dogs, but that'll be a PITA. If ya want some Chicago Dogs, come on up to the Chicago Bash. :p

:mod: 3 Days 22 Hours till The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash! :mod:

Shelly and I are excited with the who's who list of Brethren attending the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash this year!
Both Paul and I are very grateful that those of you coming in from other states and you local guys also, have decided to spend time with us here in The Great State of Texas.
If we can help you guys with your visit and or stay please let us know. If you need something due to traveling on a boat, bus, ferry, wagon, motorcycle or plane just ask and we will try to rustle some up. I'll be loading up the pickup on Thursday so please be quick to reply!!
Safe travels to everyone. :mrgreen:

Anybody keeping a tally on expected attendees?

I'm going to make up several different versions of Carolina BBQ sauce and some Brunswick stew to bring and need to know how much to make. The stew is typical of several NC bbq joints' fare and the sauce is perfect for whole hog or shoulder bbq.

Who's gonna do pork shoulders?

I need someone to help me load up all my stuff! Bout done just need to load my clothes, shine the truck up, load up the grill and ice down the coolers. Dang better get off my butt.

Planning to leave out between 7-8 in the morning to try and hit Atlanta after rush hour.

Those traveling be safe! See you guys soon!

Hey, Dennis! Lookin' forward to meeting you. I spent my first half century in Raleigh and ate a lot of cue at different spots in SC as well as eastern NC.

Anybody keeping a tally on expected attendees?

I'm going to make up several different versions of Carolina BBQ sauce and some Brunswick stew to bring and need to know how much to make. The stew is typical of several NC bbq joints' fare and the sauce is perfect for whole hog or shoulder bbq.

Who's gonna do pork shoulders?
Just click on the signup sheet in my signature line to see who is gonna be at the Bash!:mrgreen:

I can do pork shoulders here, if I can heat them back uo on someone's cooker. Just let me know if I need to.

I'm still trying to decide what to bring. I'm not able to smoke out in the rain, because of my chair's electronics, but it looks like i'll have one day before hand to do long cook items - my thought was to do something that I can cook there, if there's space on a cooker. If this doesn't work out, I can always pick up McRibs at McDonalds. LOL

Back