• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Yoder fails to start

Jwhitt

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Nearly brand new as I have only four cooks on it since I bought this last week. Tonight I go to turn it on and I get no power. Power at the receptacle, plug and unplug cord multiple times for connection, fuse looks intact and not broken.....no power. $2k for this "built like a tank" pellet grill and I`m less than happy as a seasoned Picanha roast sits on the kitchen counter. Off to store to get another fuse even though this one doesn't look burnt or popped. I'm too new here to throw a tantrum but I'm close lol.....:mad::mad::mad:

Check your power source just in case. Call support if the fuse doesn't work. Mine has never ever failed me.

Just because there are electronic components involved in pellet grills, I always have a back up grill just in case something like this happens. Again, I personally never had an issues with mine which I bought used and even upgraded to the new ACS wifi system without any flaws.

Check your power source just in case. Call support if the fuse doesn't work. Mine has never ever failed me.

Just because there are electronic components involved in pellet grills, I always have a back up grill just in case something like this happens. Again, I personally never had an issues with mine which I bought used and even upgraded to the new ACS wifi system without any flaws.

Thanks. I have heard nothing but great things about Yoder which is why I spent the money I did. It is definitely the fuse housing. I pulled out the old fuse and replaced it with a new fuse. Turned it on and it turned on for about 3 seconds then stopped. I used a small screwdriver to back out the fuse housing again and while the screwdriver contacted the housing the unit turned on again. Turned off when I pulled the screwdriver away. I unplugged everything again and began pulling out the fuse housing again and the plastic crumbled like a saltine cracker. Funny, the entire Yoder until will withstand a .50 calibre blast but the fuse housing is the cheapest of plastics. I'll be at the dealer tomorrow am first light demanding repair. Again, I opened the box last week, this thing is brand spanking new.

Where is the fuse housing on a Yoder? Could you take some pics of what happened? Thanks!

Electronics fail. It's just the way it is. But Yoder has the most reliable customer service that I know of. They'll back up their product all the way. Just too bad you couldn't smoke your meat like you wanted...

Thanks. I have heard nothing but great things about Yoder which is why I spent the money I did. It is definitely the fuse housing. I pulled out the old fuse and replaced it with a new fuse. Turned it on and it turned on for about 3 seconds then stopped. I used a small screwdriver to back out the fuse housing again and while the screwdriver contacted the housing the unit turned on again. Turned off when I pulled the screwdriver away. I unplugged everything again and began pulling out the fuse housing again and the plastic crumbled like a saltine cracker. Funny, the entire Yoder until will withstand a .50 calibre blast but the fuse housing is the cheapest of plastics. I'll be at the dealer tomorrow am first light demanding repair. Again, I opened the box last week, this thing is brand spanking new.

My advise is relax and have a beer, and give Yoder a call in the morning. It very well could be something causing the fuse to blow, such as the igniter failed, or something like that. Anytime you buy something electronic, you can have parts fail, and sometimes they fail immediately. Yoder will make it right. Sucks when it happens with your honeymoon with the grill, but it does happen periodically. You still got a nice machine.

Check to make sure the ignitor didn’t short out in water or something. That happened to my Memphis and blew the fuse like you are describing. That said, I never had that issue on my yoder. I’m sure it’s something simple. Call em in the am and see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check the underside of the hopper, the power receptacle is basically just a connection to an extension chord that´s going to the electronics inside. The extension chord can wiggle loose. I´ve had it happen after I moved my YS640 around a bunch of times.

that is really upsetting to spend that kind of money and have those sort of issues right off of the bat. Yeah it is easy to say "these things happen" when it happens to somebody else. Just hang in there and stay cool. Give Yoder a chance to make it right, which I am sure they will do.

Call Yoder. If your smoker is still under warranty they will do everything they can to get you up and running again. And if it's not, they will still do everything they can to help you, but they will charge you for the part. LOL!!

Been out of town for a bit but here is the latest. I contacted Yoder and they sent me a new fuse and fuse housing. I changed it all out but still no juice. I have tried multiple plugs with no success. Just left a message with Yoder tech and awaiting reply. Yoder has been nothing but nice so far so I have no complaints in that regard. Just wish I could just get to cookie' again. Thanks all for the replies!

Total spitball idea here, but are you using an extension cord? A buddy had issues with his pellet smoker, and they went away when he moved to a beefier cord that didn't have a bunch of unnecessary length to it.

Total spitball idea here, but are you using an extension cord? A buddy had issues with his pellet smoker, and they went away when he moved to a beefier cord that didn't have a bunch of unnecessary length to it.

Directly plugged into receptacle but also used heavy duty extension cord when trying other outlets nearby.

I came within inches of ordering a Yoder pellet smoker 5 years ago......electronic auger drive, computer, and all the other moving parts. I passed on all of this and those points of failure.

I'm glad I did.

OP, no slag on Yoders, and I hope you get it figured out.

Back