Pellet Cookers- Do you un.........

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I didn’t read the FB stuff you linked, but are these WiFi enabled cookers that allow a user to turn on remotely? I know most manufacturers don’t allow for this due to liability… but I think some do. Crazy, IMO!!

Maybe it is the Chinese. -- Flashback to "Big Bang Theory" episode.

Or, maybe God is telling you to get off the couch and cook something.

I could go on...

Wow. Wonder if this will turn out to be: a) a complete hoax; b) bad software; c) a hack funded by PETA, or d) a Chinese plot to disrupt our feeding schedule?

I’m going out on a limb and saying “c - PETA funded hack.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reminds me of the baby monitor scandle. I too unplug right after use

I'm an unplugged too - scared of lightening...

Don't have wifi or bluetooth on mine, so guess I'll just sit back and see how this story ends.

No Wifi but I always unplug after the cool down cycle. After it's turned off the fan will run for another 5 minutes or so to burn off pellets in the pot so it needs power. When it goes silent it's unplugged, always.

If I'm not using the pellet smoker, it's unplugged. No reason to push power to a device you aren't using daily.

Had a friend that had his plugged in as he has it built into his outdoor kitchen, his wife noticed smoke and he went out and it was pouring pellets in full ore and running as hot as it could, it was a pit boss, took the controller out and it had melted capacitors

My MAK is self aware and could turn itself on if it wanted to but he knows better. I'd start feeding him Traeger pellets!

I have never unplugged Mable, no I’m a little nervous!

Is this a phenom related to a single brand or has it (allegedly) occurred among multiple brands?

Back