MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
cardman
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Todays Boston Butt with pics

Picked up a 5.5lb butt from Savealot the other day. Seasoned her up this morning while the grill warmed up. Nothing special just the Kroger brand rub. Put the meat on about 9:00 AM and took it off alittle after 4. It was rainy as hell and a bit windy but I kept the temp between 240 and 300 for the most part. Used my usual mixture of the blue bag and hickory chunks. Let sit for an hour and then shreded. Made up some slaw and alittle Jiffy cornbread as well. By the way I love Jiffy, reminds me of my childhood days. Enjoy guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0064.jpg (52.7 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0065.jpg (41.2 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by cardman; 04-03-2017 at 06:21 AM..
cardman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Lookin quite good there!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Nice pr0n!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Looks great!

Corn muffins are perfect with pulled pork.