• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finally emptied my wallet and bought Carne Crosta

I bought the large bag of Carne Crosta back when Oak Ridge had a site wide sale. If you want a great Ribeye with a nice crust, do a reverse sear with the Carne Crosta, finish it off on the Otto Wilde at 1500 degrees. It’s awesome.

Its just an old saying when something cost more then YOU (me) think it should. Like i said, if guys like @sudsandswine didn't post pics like that, i wouldn't have even considered paying $24/lb but with pics like that, i have to try it....at least....once.

I can't imagine how much it would cost to coat an entire 15lb+ packer in this stuff....it prolly cost more then the packer, lol.

Truth of the matter.. I eat it only on steaks/burgers.. and the wife isn't a fan of it.. So I buy the 5oz package.. and It lasts me a while :D

Just a heads up.

Do NOT cook on high heat in a cast iron pan inside the house unless you want to check the batteries in your smoke detector. :laugh:

It was a great idea after a few too many!

The perks of having a vortex exhaust above the gas stove going directly outside :thumb:

I just tried it for the first time recently and I loved it. Just remember to apply liberally and cook over fairly high heat. I have also used this on burgers on a flat top and it produces an amazing crust.

One other thing, when you get it and open the bag you will immediately get a strong coffee smell but it does not make the food taste like coffee. (My wife hates coffee)

Well I mean since everyone posting pictures

Here's my carne crosta steak with santa maria

Ilenm8cl.jpg

Thoughts on flipping Grillgrate upside down so its more like a searing plate to get a good crust? My X200 gets over 650F without using my Grillgrate's, probably even hotter with them.

Yeah...you are going to want to use it for smashburgers. I'm generally doing Keto which is why my finished product is a mess of three patties and onions with no buns. Little tough to see some of the black crust under the cheese but, trust me, it is there and it is delicious.

Attachments

• Onions.jpg
    Onions.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Cooking.jpg
    Cooking.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Stacked.jpg
    Stacked.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 140
  • Finished Smash.jpg
    Finished Smash.jpg