Sous vide Chuck Eye

KC Smoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This steak was amazing! Sous vide for about 2 hours then seasoned with Carne Crosta and finished over Kingsford and hickory chips. It was every bit as tender as a ribeye with great flavor at a fraction of the price. I paid $3.50 for the pictured steak. Will definitely do this again.

m4gdehKJtPpY31AObHHRhlReuF-c8DuFYKqH4SfVC71BinR3-prBZHh5S6dyTVFKhKm2ipkw52JHOThSBSpDemDlrevfY9vljW0rrVUESC6ksUQFe_thrTcsBcySfLxApblmAkNdVviR3ITzF9CfCmt7smNHejNvAoya-dHgohAkiJbZSGvBfMv_4asNq-udYFsiIRlbs5FWPs91YK7HbxxD7PNRbrFH6KjPgG-E_VUKSIObKM8RP2_gI-PZP_txtAxCK77D1DGj3Ev3TaAmp1UCSXcjWn9VcGL8zGhfLHC7twpXQE7o4HiApTKv7IWWsiQGDsOfR3YWHBRnn6cONmGfgNU11I2gHup0GuSzJflyyq-Dj0UPSUOF4jwFHDzGLay0r7_XLOCrwBTbPArbmsqqH-_dbAMhoJ-IUm1_Rra5DJ27-vUbKPLcvL4MOuQ4PK8mVBcbfMz1r2XGScxkH-QaKoeri61rXdvNCarR75Go6OlQFIUq59xpiswVpBdOJDoZv31rFggvZJURJi_zEfOWraWqZPOzVo5asnEDwf6OY-NPihUjTXUKSLVH51-9V4gZw3FuZOS7fawWy9zOE3U1-zUoQTbmaWvwuM5OxeKDk3QCGU68B4h28EEBGrcnIe1x4kZaCLf0sMkoTaHfzKPtlqPq3--81nG7zxqknJTEcK8LJCV8Ijqex-t0dEHQbAPLjEHxwz6lmOUqjyrMdeKgNQ=w1043-h893-no

Oh yeah.... nailed it. A chuck eye is one bone away from the first rib-eye steak they are a wonderful steak.

Thanks to you and Thirdeye, I learned something else today!

Never tried a chuck eye before, but I'd sure give it a shot based on your results.

Thanks to you and Thirdeye, I learned something else today!

Never tried a chuck eye before, but I'd sure give it a shot based on your results.

Thanks for the kind words. Old school butchers prize the first one or two chuck steaks. Location, location kind of thing.

Odd??? I've never before been unable to see a posted image on this site? Anyone?

I can’t see the picture either, which is unusual… I can see Happy’s picture above even! Either way, I’ll keep an eye out for those steaks. Thanks

Interesting. There was a photo, the first visit I paid to this thread.

Now, there's not...

I never pass up chuck eyes. use to be cheap, poor mans rib eye , not so cheap now but still good, there isn't many on a cut of beef so they go pretty quick

Don't let the cat out of the bag about Chuck Eyes.

Keep it our secret so they don't raise the price through the roof.

Weird that some can't see the picture. I shared it via Google Photos so I guess that's the issue. I can still see it for what it's worth.

Does the short 2 hour Sous Vide really tenderize that much or is chuck eye that tender to start with? BTW, can't see the pic either.

Back