I give...I give....

AWilliams

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Upon all the reading here and the rave reviews about Oakridge rubs....I finally gave in and bought a 4 pack sampler and 1# of Carne Crosta rub. You guys are dangerous and persuasive here... I'll report back shortly...lol

you will not be disappointed, I predict

I haven't tried this costya rub yet, but black ops has too much of a taco seasoning flavor to me. I am not a purist S&P either.

On the flip side, Black Ops rubbed brisket makes killer brisket taco's.

Last edited:
Black Ops and Santa Maria are two staples in my cabinet. Anything beef is amazing with Black Ops. Everything else is great with Santa Maria. Beef ain't bad either, just a different type of good with Black Ops.

Curious if you've actually cooked a brisket with the Black Ops, or just tasted it out of the bag?

Yes I cooked a brisket with your black ops rub. I put it on pretty heavy as that's what most people do. Like i said, it made great brisket taco's, probably the best ive ever made, just didn't care for the flavor profile as sliced brisket by itself or with common bbq sides.

If you don't believe me i can screen shot my amazon order#

Yes I cooked a brisket with your black ops rub. I put it on pretty heavy as that's what most people do. Like i said, it made great brisket taco's, probably the best ive ever made, just didn't care for the flavor profile as sliced brisket by itself or with common bbq sides.

If you don't believe me i can screen shot my amazon order#

No need to get defensive. Like I said, I was just curious. I have not heard that complaint of Black Ops before and I was interested to know the back story. I take all of my customer's complaints very seriously. I know I can't make everyone happy, but I do try. :thumb: :thumb:

No need to get defensive. Like I said, I was just curious. I have not heard that complaint of Black Ops before and I was interested to know the back story. I take all of my customer's complaints very seriously. I know I can't make everyone happy, but I do try. :thumb: :thumb:

Its not really a complaint. I just don't use it for Brisket anymore, but it works well to season skirt steak, flap steak, and chicken for fajita's.

I'm very happy with the Black Ops on brisket. I like all the Oakridge rubs that I've tried. But there are a lot of good rubs out there. I mentioned in a thread yesterday that although I love Dominator Rib rub, a few of my friends were turned off by the cinnamon taste in it. Kinda like some people absolutely hate the taste of cilantro. To each his own. Kcmike keep up the good work at Oakridge

I have made my own rubs for years and been happy with them. The folks on the forum here persuaded me with their praise of all things Oakridge to give them a try. I did, and I'm pretty danged glad I did. I have stopped the idea of making my own because these made to order, fresh as fresh can be, rubs hit my taste buds just right. Nothings perfect, and nobody gets it right for a huge audience every time, but these things make me happy and that's pretty much all I need.

Keep up the good work there are Oakridge

Ha - I almost did the same thing yesterday. Had website up looking at them but then had to shift gears. I will get back to that though.

Back