Q from the real OC (Oregon City)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jowest

Hello all
My name is Josh. I am from Oregon City, Oregon. I am 35 years old and have been learning to BBQ for about 10 years. I am by no means an expert. I have more to learn and I know it. I am very excited to join this forum and I will study it religiously.
My specialty is pulled pork.
Upcoming pit experiments include a "smokehouse" chili which will include a happy mix of sweet and spicy and will have smoked brisket and pulled pork in it.
Today is Superbowl Sunday and I will be smoking wings for the first time. I will update this thread with pics every step of the way.
Here is what I have done so far:
Da Rub:
Kosher salt, Cayenne pepper, Paprika, red pepper flakes, mustard powder, garlic powder
I plan on adding sweet element in the sauce.
There is 5 pounds of drummetts sitting in the rub overnight.........the plan is to smoke heavy for one hour on low heat. I am hoping to render most of the fat away. At that point I will put them in the oven at 450 to crisp up. If most of the fat rendered away, I should not get too much oven smoke. I will post pics shortly........

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell

Welcome Josh,
There are a good number of fellow Oregonians on this site. Sit, read, learn, and have a blast.:thumb:

Hello from Indiana!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back