MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
I inject my pork butts with 50/50 mixture of fresh juiced honeycrisp apples and pickled jalapeño juice with about 1/4 cup rub bout 20 oz. everyone loves it and I know alot of people that now only do their pork butt this way now. Rub with molases and a little worchestershire first then add rub.
sounds great to me but my wife wont touch anything with the word jalapeno in it. Maybe when she goes out of town I would try it

;)
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtBurner View Post
sounds great to me but my wife wont touch anything with the word jalapeno in it. Maybe when she goes out of town I would try it

;)
It's barely any spicier than normal, but adds a wonderful flavor. All it basically is jalapeño flavored canning vinegar. She's missin out
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
It's barely any spicier than normal, but adds a wonderful flavor. All it basically is jalapeño flavored canning vinegar. She's missin out
I could try sneaking it in when she isnt looking

I would just hate for her not to like it

I think

;)

this time around I think I am going to try the Wampus injection. Looks wife-safe
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]

Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Strain a bottle of zesty Italian dressing mix some apple juice with the liquid and inject that. Take the chunkies and smear them on the outside add some rub du jur and smoke it.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
In the recipe database. I'll send a link via PM. It's hidden due to spammers.

Here's the recipe...

Ingredients:
7 lb Pork Roast, butt or shoulder
2 Oranges -- Sliced
1 cup Cilantro Leaves -- Chopped
1 teaspoon Oregano -- Crumbled
1 teaspoon Cumin -- Ground
1 teaspoon Coriander -- Ground or Crushed
3 Onions -- Chopped
4 lbs Lard

Cooking Instructions:
Place lard in a heavy, deep pot, over medium-low heat. Trim fat from the meat and cut the meat into 3-inch cubes and lightly salt. When the lard has melted, place the meat, orange slices, cilantro, oregano, cumin, coriander and onions in the pot. (Melted lard should completely cover the meat.) Cook over medium-low heat 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The lard will begin to boil after 30 minutes. The orange slices supply the water which allows the lard to boil. Boil gently through the cooking process. As the water gradually cooks away, the temperature of the lard will rise, allowing the meat to brown. Place in baking pan and sprinkle with garlic powder, bake in a 350 F oven for 45 minutes until meat is very well browned. Drain on paper towels. The carnitas, when done, will have a dry, crisp exterior with a moist, succulent, tender interior. Serve as is or shred pork for tacos, tortas, tostadas, or burrito filling. Also is used in many other dishes
I should probably keep a copy of this handy so Ron doesn't always have to cover my tracks for the recipe.

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #21
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
I gotta tell ya, once upon a time I was in your boat.....wanted to try something different so I decided to inject with THIS:

Chris Lilly's Six-Time World Championship Pork Shoulder Injection
Recipe for 2 butts
3/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup table salt (I either use kosher salt or cut back a little on the table salt)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce

Combine all ingredients and stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.

Since I tried it, I've NEVER done butts at home WITHOUT injecting this way.
Easy to make recipe with stuff I pretty much ALWAYS have at home and it makes SUCH an improvement on things.
jus to let you guys know I used this injection and rubbed with Plowboys Yardbird.

It really did come out good, its a subtle change from how it usually tastes, but it is better so I will keep using it

thanks!!!!