Brisket on the Tokisitna river in Alaska

Burnt Offering

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
I own a snowmachine touring company here in Wasilla Alaska called "Backcountry Warriors". Had a group of guys want to go on a one day ride on a beautiful sunny day here in Alaska. So Saturday all day I did a 17 pound brisket on my Traeger. When it was done I sliced it and foiled it with some sliced potato's with various seasonings.

brisket%20home.jpg

So yesterday we got up and drove about an hour and a half to where we unloaded our snowmachines. It was a bit cold!

temp.jpg

We rode 30 miles until we hit some awesome powder. It warmed up to about 10 degrees so at noon we stopped to do lunch.

lunch.jpg

We dug a hole to have a fire pit so that the fire wouldn't fall through the snow. I pulled a cargo sled behind my machine with a Webber Smokey Joe some charcoal and proceeded to warm up our lunch. Mt. McKinley in the background.

denali.jpg

The brisket was a HUGE hit! The guys Loved it and there was not a bite left.

brisket.jpg

Then we rode around for the rest of the day. Got to hang out with awesome quality guys.

sleds.jpg

Amazing scenery, great guys, great stories, great food, just a great day to be an Alaskan! Mt. McKinley. I have a Delorme InReach Explorer. I checked and we were at 980 feet in Elevation. McKinley? 20,320 feet. Awesome day!

mickinley.jpg

Damn right!!!! THAT is livin' my friend :clap2:, WOW!

And that brisket and taters looks off the hook for sure:-D

KC

Wow this is very cool. I bet they didnt expect to get a nice brisket lunch like that. Well done and great views. I would pay to go on this trip!

We did snow mobiles in Colorado when we went skiing this past Decemeber. It was awesome. However, my guide must have been slacking because he didn't break out a freshly smoked brisket mid trip. That's awesome...bet the guys LOVED it. I know I would have.

Back