• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Live Lobster sale at Costco online

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
https://www.costco.com/Live-Maine-Lobster-1.25-lbs-each%2c-6-count.product.100414072.html

1.25 lbs each 6 count live Maine lobsters for $99.99 delivered via UPS overnight saver. Normal price is $129.99 but there's current $30 off promotion until 9/8/19.

I think wholesale price on chicken lobsters are around $7 /lb right now so $13.33 /lb shipped overnight to my door is pretty good IMO. But it's summertime right now so it's probably soft shelled lobsters instead of hard shell. Soft shell lobsters will have less meat than hard shell.

I ordered some this morning for delivery tomorrow to check out the quality. I can probably find live lobsters cheaper at the various Asian marts in the city but most of those lobsters are poor quality, starved and close to death. Plus I have to leave the house and drive there vs delivered straight to my door.

I'm sorry to hear this. I live in Mass, live lobsters at the grocery store, 1.25lb is $6.99 a pound right now. Last week I got some on sale only $4.99 a pound! I forget they are hard to find/ expensive everywhere other than New England!
Enjoy them anyway! (p.s. they are all soft shell right now)

I'm sorry to hear this. I live in Mass, live lobsters at the grocery store, 1.25lb is $6.99 a pound right now. Last week I got some on sale only $4.99 a pound! I forget they are hard to find/ expensive everywhere other than New England!
Enjoy them anyway! (p.s. they are all soft shell right now)

Same prices down here....when I can't pull any out of my own lobster pots!

Yes....lobsters are new shells this time of the year. That means not much meat inside as the lobster has to grow into the new shell. The vendor should tell you if they are new shells or not.

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
UPS delivered my lobsters at 10 am this morning. I took a peek inside to see if the lobsters were still alive and then placed the box in the fridge to keep until dinner time.
D9o2R70h.jpg

I didn't weigh any but all seemed to be good size for 1.25 lb chicken lobsters. Even after being in the fridge all day, the lobsters were active and pretty feisty.
R43C29Qh.jpg

We steamed the lobsters and paired it with pan fried ribeye. The lobsters were really good even though it was soft shell. It was definitely the freshest lobster I tried. The tamalley was rich, sweet, and buttery. Tamalley didn't have any of the bitterness or off-taste sometimes found on lobsters bought from supermarkets here. I ate two lobsters along with the steak and couldn't eat another bite. I will be ordering these lobsters from Costco again.
P0PrG5Wh.jpg

I used to buy those when they were $5.99. The limit was 8 so that's what I bought. Par cooked all of them, removed the tails and claws. Made the best lobster stock from the bodies. Lobster risotto made with lobster claw pieces and the stock will rock your world šŸ˜Ž

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
Back