Live cook: pork shoulder (tropical storm Bill)

Melissaredhead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Keyport, NJ...via Soulard,MO via Missouri farmland
The weather forecast is improving each time I check. Went from 100% rain to 60 to now 40%. Hopefully I'll be able to get my fire started and butt on by 9. Knock on wood.
Until then I'm trying something new (to me) as far as injecting goes. I usually don't inject but so many of y'all make some amazing concoctions so I taking some of things I've seen and making an injection myself.
It's peach nectar simmered with some of my own rub and minced onion. (I love onion)
I'll let it cool and strain it. Then I'll inject in the wrapping and let it think for a while.
Btw the grocer mislabeled the price. All the other shoulders were marked 1.89# but this one was 1.39#. Score!

Drizzle up north too. I planned on doing the same cook, but decided to sleep in. I'm probably going to make sausage instead.

Same drizzle. Hopefully it clears through soon. I loaded extra coal in case it down pours to heat her up. Letting the temp come down around 325 and I'll throw it on.

Maybe I can even get the hubs to go golf and stay out of the way lol.
Though he does make great cocktails.....decisions, decisions. :decision:

Looking mighty fine so far. The injection sure sounds tasty.

Watching with great anticipation...

WOW! 1.39 a pound?!? I just got back from the store and paid 2.99 a pound! Nice score. Can't wait to see how the injection turns out!

Looking and sounding great!! What kind of cooker is that?

Back