• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Eats between Atlanta and Panama City Beach?

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The fam and I are driving back & forth between Atlanta airport and PCB over the holidays - any grub of note between those spots?

Definitely not the airport food. I heard some guys on the radio talking about Acme Oyster House, several locations along the gulf coast and one in Destin. It may be worth a visit. Let me know what your time around Atlanta looks like, if time permits, maybe we can meet up for a quick bite.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Definitely not the airport food. I heard some guys on the radio talking about Acme Oyster House, several locations along the gulf coast and one in Destin. It may be worth a visit. Let me know what your time around Atlanta looks like, if time permits, maybe we can meet up for a quick bite.

Thanks for the info and the offer! We'll be headed straight to PCB tomorrow, but I'll see how it's looking for the return and holler.

It's been over 15 years, but there used to be a BBQ restaurant just north of the Florida border, west of the highway as I recall. I thought it was good then, but who knows now.

You know I'll be looking for it as the fam rolls their eyes.

Just north of Columbus GA on I185 is a little hole in the wall steakhouse. Hunters. Been a few years since I've been there, but it was dynamite. Was there a couple times and it was always packed.

My family and I always stop at Danny's Fried Chicken in Niceville, FL. It's very similar to Chicken Express if you have had them in Texas or Church's chicken when you catch them on a good day. Just fried chicken, no fancy spices to burn or create a funk. Fried okra is top notch and worth the $5 price tag.

• Thanks
Hunt's Oyster Bar in the old Panama City area called Andrews. Family owned and run with good seafood. Get the grouper throats if they have them. Don't be surprised if there is a crowd and you have to wait. http://huntsoysterbar.com/

• Thanks
Drive safe, looks like you'll be swimming most of the way. You'll be west of us but I'm running the Shirley on Monday!

• Thanks
Pretty much just had to go with the flow so there weren't any opportunities for food exploration. I did see quite a few small BBQ spots I would have loved to check out.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Back