Old country smoker need help

bbqmogul

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello it's been awhile since l have been here l was wonder if any one ever use a old country smoker before smokehouse and is it any good thanks

I guess I'm not the only one jumping on the Smokehouse. The one at my local Academy had a few issues with it, but they're supposed to be getting another one in tomorrow so we'll see. If it's better than the one they've got I'm taking it home. I'm pumped! Good luck with yours!

Blowin smoke
What wrong with ur smokehouse The salesmen try to get met to get the one that they had on the floor I told him I wanted one out the back and new it is seal up real good and holding it temp great

Smittyjonz
Thanks so much I am going to do exactly what u did to the fire grate yes the slit is to far I am season it now will do burgers on it later got get it right for my competition in October

Smitty
How does the draft compare to the O/U. I remember someone talking about how crazy the draft was on that. Since you have cooked on both i figure i ask. Thanks,

Also why can i not find any youtube video on the smokehouse. As popular as it is i would think there would be lots of video's like the O/U has.

If I didn't already have a Good One Open Range and a Good One Marshall, I would seriously look at this smoker.

Smitty
How does the draft compare to the O/U. I remember someone talking about how crazy the draft was on that. Since you have cooked on both i figure i ask. Thanks,

Also why can i not find any youtube video on the smokehouse. As popular as it is i would think there would be lots of video's like the O/U has.

They both Draft very well. Ya I've looked for Smokehouse videos - only one on YouTube. I was thinking of making one but mine is not the same as the store models - rather do a video with a store model......

Mogul,
There are a few blemishes in the paint, the rods that hold up the side table are about an in different in hieght so the table sits crooked, and the left rail of the top grate is about a quarter to a half inch lower than level so the top grate will bow a bit when loaded. I just tried to pick it apart so they knocked 20% off. Still on the fence..but mostly because I don't have a way to get it home.

Easy fixes or just go with it. 20% off is a Nice Chunk - I hardly use the Top position- has 3 grates and 4 positions.

Mine does not have a side table I keep saying I'm going to build one but I have not done it

Last edited:
Westman61
How long have u had ur smokehouse

I bought it around the 1st of June. I've used it 10 or 12 times with fruit wood and more recently white oak. It just runs like the ideal stick burner. The damper is really effective. It's easy as pie to keep it in the 275° range. You'll want to do the biscuit test to find the hot and cool spots but it's not drastic in that regard.

Wesman61
Thanks I will do the biscuit test tue I cook burgers the 1st night after I season it I love it

Blowin smoke
It is a great buy

Back