Hasty-Bake as a smoker?

EdLo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Good afternoon brothers. My brother-in-law is asking me about a Hasty Bake. I am not familiar with them. I always thought it was a charcoal grill. He wanted my opinion of it being a smoker. I have no knowledge of its capabilities as a grill or smoker. Does anyone have any knowledge that I could share with him? I told him I would ask, but I shot him a few youtube links to view.

Also Thanks to Brethren, I am going to buy 2 of the WSM 22s to tinker with and eventually to compete. I will also stick with my Pellet smoker.

Ed

I think you will like your WSMs. They are great.

Burn co BBQ uses Hasty Bakes exclusively and they hit top ten BBQ lists frequently. Having been there I can attest to the food.

I think a HB would do fine for smoking

Burn co BBQ uses Hasty Bakes exclusively and they hit top ten BBQ lists frequently. Having been there I can attest to the food.

I think a HB would do fine for smoking

Thanks for this information. I will look up information on Burn BBQ Co.

We use one it can smoke or grill. No well insulated,so they use a little charcoal. We love ours. The used market can be good

We use one it can smoke or grill. No well insulated,so they use a little charcoal. We love ours. The used market can be good

+1 - I have one and it smokes great. It does use a little more fuel but nothing crazy. I use mine to grill and smoke all the time - super versatile. I'm still buying a stick burner but I will always keep my Hasty.

It’s a great grill, thick grates close together, great for grilling veggies & seafood.
It’s a good smoker. It functions as a vertical smoker. Heat is about 24 in below meat & has a heat deflector. For long unattended cooks works well with fuse method.
There’s a Facebook page “forum” with lots of information.

"Burn co BBQ uses Hasty Bakes exclusively and they hit top ten BBQ lists frequently. Having been there I can attest to the food."

Beat me to it. :-D

I own two now and just ordered a third one, even cook competitions on mine. It will run with any stick burner once you learn how to use it. Much more versatile and easy to clean than drums.

I recently bought a used one but have not smoked anything on it yet but the Hasty Bake Grill Community group on Facebook has a lot of information about this grill and most of the people on there smoke on theirs on a regular basis.

Back