Tis the season for Venison!

robertm

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Was able to take a doe early in the year on some high fenced property. Cinnamon Creek in Roanoke wasn't busy yet so they got it turned around in 3 weeks!

Already entered the office chili cook-off and took second (first place loser :clap:)

Anybody else looking forward to some some winter venison meals?

Attachments

• venison.jpg
    venison.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Congrats! My deer season was a bust unfortunately.

Looks like a heck of a spread! Are those tamales on the far right?

My friend used to always get his deer processed by a butcher and they made the best jalapeno cheddar summer sausage. We would fry it up with eggs for breakfast. Now I'm hungry.

Yes sir, regular and spicy tamales! Their tamales are absolutely fantastic. Cinnamon Creek has a list as long as your arm of the things they can process the meat into. I've whittled it down over the years to just my favs.

Don't know about anyone else but I fall into the same trap ea year. I get all this meat which I love but I don't want to eat it cause then I won't have any. Not even sure that makes sense. I save it for 'some occasion' then end up having some left next season.

Decided this year by July 4th whatever is left is getting cooked up that weekend. That way I use it all and I'm really looking forward to more by following season.

Good looking spread!

I was lucky and took 2 doe on a managed hunt here in mid October. Butchered them both myself and ended up with 26lbs of "trimmings" that i dropped off at the processor the last week of October to turn into snack sticks and summer sausage.

Thought I would beat the gun season rush but they still gave me a 6 week turn around time. 2 weeks to go! Cant wait as its been a few years since i was able to get some sausage made.

Congratulations on the doe! My season starts Saturday. :grin:

Looking good I know cowgirl enjoys it

Thanks George! I eat a lot of venison. I still have some in the freezer and a few cans left on the shelves, but hope to bring home more in the next few weeks. :grin:

Back