• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Tri-Tip Omelette with Cinnamon Raisin French Toast

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For this I tried to somewhat replicate an IHOP breakfast. They make a Big Steak Omelette and currently are making a Cinnamon Swirl Brioche French Toast. Well I already some awesome Tip-Tip I just cooked earlier this week so I substituted some Tri-Tip for the Steak. :becky:

(See Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210276)

I also had already baked up some awesome Cinnamon Raisin Honey Oatmeal Bread so I substituted some of this for the Brioche. :becky:

(See Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210178&highlight=Cinnamon+Raisin)

Started out by getting the potatoes going.

I then got the French Toast going. Mixed up some batter and sliced the bread.

Got my C.I. griddle oiled and heated up.

Dunked the bread in the batter.

And put these on the C.I. griddle to brown.

After browning them I put them on a baking sheet

and put them in the kamado for 10 minute at 350 to finish cooking the insides.

I now I get the Omelette going by beating up 5 eggs with a little bit of milk and a few drops of hot sauce.

Took out my 10” C.I. skillet and heated it up with some oil.

Diced up some onion, tomato, green onion and some jalapeno.

And sautéed them.

And then added the Tr-Tip.

In a separate omelette pan I had cooked up the omelette and added the sautéed items and then some cheese on top.

I folded the omelette over, sprinkled on more cheese and then covered and continued to cook for another 3 minutes. Here I’ve taken it out of the pan and placed it on the plate.

I then placed on some jalapeno slices and then the some more Tri-Tip for the final product.

Here are the plated photos with everything together along with some O.J. and coffee.

Close up on the yummy French Toast.

Here’s my Money Shot below.

It was delicious!

Back