• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Here's a fun one...need some ideas.

medic92

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've got a job coming up in June to feed a bunch of drunken truck drivers as they attempt to play golf. Brisket, chips and "a dessert that could be easily eaten while standing and chatting or sitting in a golf cart".

I'd love to hear some dessert ideas that fit this criteria.

Can you keep things cool? We serve banana pudding in 1/2 pint cups. Otherwise i would suggest a cake or pie that does not require cooling.

I make dump cakes all the time in my smoker. I just use a half foil pan, two cans of pie filling. Evenly distribute your white cake mix on top. Top with smashed walnuts. Throw in smoker for about an hour and that's it.

Some type of cookie or brownie wouldn't need any special means of keeping them fresh, are easily consumed, and shouldn't hinder the golf, at least not more than the beer will.

Drunk truck drivers playing golf don't really give a chit about dessert.:rolleyes:

That's my thought too. We really don't care about the sandwiches either to be brutally honest, but that's what they want and I'll go with it. It's going to be fun providing lunch for something in which I'm actually participating. It gives me an opportunity to spend the day raving about how awesome the caterer was.

I make dump cakes all the time in my smoker. I just use a half foil pan, two cans of pie filling. Evenly distribute your white cake mix on top. Top with smashed walnuts. Throw in smoker for about an hour and that's it.

Butter. I did a lot of dump cakes as a Cubmaster in scouts in DO’s. I seem to recall a stick of butter sliced on top of the cake mix.

Dump cake is a good idea. Cheap and easy cobbler basically. Can do many options. Cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix.

Back