Doc6633

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got a Humphreys Weeble yesterday and did my first cook today. Did chicken breast at 225 to 230 for about 3 hours, jalepno poppers same temp for 1.5 hours, two small tenderloins (one bacon wrapped and one without bacon) which took a little longer than I figured at about 3 to 4 hours (lost track of time) and tried a whole potatoe but didn't turn out. I have always either used kettle grills, cheap vertical smokers or cheap offsets to smoke and the difference was unbelievable. It is amazing how efficient of a burn you get with a quality smoker. The food was great especially for my first run. Unfortunately I only got one pick because I was a little late getting it off and the crew devoured it.

Thinking about getting the BBQ guru to simplify it a little so I can smoke more often as my wife has already asked me what is next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 201
Great looking grub brother. I almost pulled the trigger on a Weeble myself not to long ago. Enjoy the new Weeble and keep on smoking brother:thumb:

Glad your first cook was a success. I would keep going without the guru and see if it's even necessary.

Question if I may. Is the Weeble easy to move around by just one person? I'm still considering getting a easily portable cabinet and the Weeble is on the short list. Thanks in advance.

PJ - I was thinking the same. I think this will hold temperature well so probably not needed but I wil see.

SGH - If you put it on casters it is easy to roll around on concrete. But getting through grass with casters is a pain in a**. If you are trying to lift it into something that is pretty tough because of shape and weight.

How many racks of ribs do you think you can get in the Weeble?

Thanks for posting your cook on the Weeble, it's one of the final 3 I'm looking at. I would second holding off on the Guru for at least a couple of long cooks, get to know your new Smoker. A Guru definitely will make it easier but you may find you don't need one. I was planning on getting one for the WSM but decided I didn't need it. I just monitor temps with a Mav 732, set my temp alarms and it's worked well for me.

Neat looking unit. If I had to move it cross a lawn, I think a nice hand truck with a long tongue would do the trick. Strap it down, rock it back and move out.

Back