Smoking in the rain?

Mat

Knows what a fatty is.
So of course the day I pick to smoke it's supposed to start raining in an hour or so.

Is it worth getting started? I dont care about the rain I just dont want to ruin the new weber.

Do you have a canopy or can you rig up a lean to so you and the cooker stay dry? I've smoked a handful of times in the rain - just under a pop-up canopy

Do you have a canopy or can you rig up a lean to so you and the cooker stay dry? I've smoked a handful of times in the rain - just under a pop-up canopy

nah thats the one thing I hate about my yard, no overhang at all in the back yard.

I cook with my Weber in the rain all the time. I will put a rain coat on the cook, the kettle is on it's own. I have had no issues with cooking in the rain with any Weber I have owned in over 30 years. I just leave them a little greasy during winter.

yea i figure it wont start the hard stuff till night time, and the ribs should be done in 6 :)

picture.php

So of course the day I pick to smoke it's supposed to start raining in an hour or so.

Is it worth getting started? I dont care about the rain I just dont want to ruin the new weber.
Would you ask the same question if it were just starting to snow? (For you left-coast people that's when the rain freezes, you know, below 32*F... Never mind)...

I never worry about the weather, just start the cooker and let her go!:thumb:

It's only the occasional spritz/light drizzle, should be no problemo.
(I'm just a few minutes away)
Good idea to check around for a good deal on a 10 by 10 canopy for future reference.
(those golf umbrellas work great as well...)
I've used mine several times in the rain.
Good luck.
W

Those umbrellas are some of the funniest contraptions I've seen.

I have a wind tunnel in my backyard. The other day I thought I would tie a 16 X 30 foot tarp from the fence to the playhouse to block the wind!!! Man that sucker almost ripped the fence down. You should have seen me trying to keep it from melting on the grill. So now I just cook in the wind!!

thanks guys for all the responses. time to keep an eye on craigslist for something.

smoke is going good.....hopefully. i'll start a new thread when its done. I'm guessing 830-9. 5-6 hours should be good

Back