Fried Green Tomatoes-Vintage Cast Iron in play

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Rescued a vintage Wagner Sydney O #5 a while back. Cleaned up excellent. Had some green tomatoes that looked perfectly fine other than being green. I eat a tad weird most times so perhaps this isn’t exactly correct but it was awesome nonetheless. Ezekiel Muffin for the bread. Almond flour no egg wash on tomatoes. Avocado, bacon. Toasted muffin. Seasoning was Lantana. Excellent seasoning. Actually my Bride’s favorite. My first time to cook or eat fried green tomatoes. I gifted quite a few but I have a couple more. I’ll do this again.

Last edited:
That looks delicious!

Every time I see one of your posts and it has pics, I just know it's going to make me hungry. Of course...I'm usually already hungry from being on this dang diet. :mad2: 30 more lbs to go...30 more lbs to go... :laugh:

Heck yeah! I'm a green tomato fan. Have a few left in the garden that need picking. Thanks for the inspiration!

That looks delicious!

Every time I see one of your posts and it has pics, I just know it's going to make me hungry. Of course...I'm usually already hungry from being on this dang diet. :mad2: 30 more lbs to go...30 more lbs to go... :laugh:

Excellent. Take care of yourself first.

Very nice I really like those My M-I-L use to make a green tomato relish Wish I had the recipe

Oh yeah...:thumb:

Perfect tomatoes. Best when they have a bit on pink on the inside...:thumb:

Heck yeah! I'm a green tomato fan. Have a few left in the garden that need picking. Thanks for the inspiration!

Surprised you haven't had a frost yet. We had a frost last Friday night so had to pick and ended up with four hotel pans full in single layers. Said to see them go for another season.

Robert

Looks good. I can take them or leave them. I'd rather let them ripen though.

Back