I've been a member here for two years. I'm ready.

Like everyone else, looks good to me. If you are not already doing so, I would suggest keeping a journal/diary of your cooks. Write everything down that crosses your mind. In time, you will settle on the things most important to you. I might also suggest evaluating certain things on every cook so you can adjust as needed, without having to rely on memory. Things like, color, juiciness, smokiness, texture/tenderness......

My worst failure of this cook was that I didn't get a picture of the final product to complete this online cook diary. It must have been the fact that i had wine in one hand and brisket knife in the other.

The brisket was a big hit. Great smokey flavour and that blackops rub has a nice complex flavour profile.

The point was nice and juicy but the flat was dry. I was sure to stack the moist meat on top of the serving tray so as far as the guests were concerned it was cooked perfectly.

I meant to check it this morning at 5am (12 hour mark) but I was running on Sunday morning time so didn't get to it till 8:15am.

I'm looking forward to a week of leftovers and for my next cook.

Thanks everyone!

I've cooked brisket portions before but never a whole packer so it was nice to have the flexibility to overcook it some and still have a juicy point end.

That's exactly what a lot of us have run into, a moist point but a dry flat, so you are not alone there, my friend. Glad it turned out to your guests satisfaction and that you chalked it up as a success.

I have had the same situation so I always inject the flat, Heck I blow it up like a balloon with injection.

Back