Garlic Mussels & Garlic Toast

KC Smoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dirt
So there's a garlic Throwdown in the works. I had to try one of my favorite garlic heavy dishes with a bit of a smokey twist.
First, heads of garlic were slow roasted in my Weber kettle with a small fire.

20240403-175023.jpg

20240403-195841.jpg

I made a little "campfire" with some small oak logs that I had. On goes the cast iron with all the components waiting.

20240403-205059.jpg

Used a bunch of raw garlic along with shallots, olive oil, butter, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Also a generous pour of good Chablis. (Don't cook with wine you wouldn't drink.)

20240403-205322.jpg

Baguette was grilled with EVOO and then a spread of the roasted garlic puree and a touch of salt.

20240403-210551.jpg

Then in to the bowl and time to eat!

20240403-210807.jpg

Garlic on garlic on garlic! It was a super delicious classic with just a bit of smokey goodness.

Last edited:
Shots fired indeed! Holy smokes that looks good and had to taste even better. Two of my favorite good groups, mussels and garlic toast. Well played! :thumb:

Damn that looks like amazing! Looks like something you'd get as an appetizer in a nice resturaunt or pub food.

I love mussels, they never seem to get much attention, but I like to grab the big bag of them at Costco and go to town.

That looks good. But im pretending those are clams since i hate mussels. Can't stand their hairy beards.

Back