FoodSaver

Qczar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I`ve been a 'FoodSaver' user practically since the damn thing was invented, purchasing one shortly after seeing it infomercialed on TV about 25 years ago (boy does time go by slowly preping food 8^). I`ve bought a few of them throughout the years as gifts, but I still have and use the original design model and it is ever so slowly losing it`s punch as I once in a while run warm water thru it to keep it clean and pumping.

So as I am considering a new one, I noticed their top of the line model is the 'Pro III'. I`m sure some have this model and I was wondering any pro`s or con`s about it? They list for $300 and eBay has them for a 'Buy It Now' price of about $180. Considering I paid about $300 for the original model 25 years ago, it`s seems like a fair deal.

Ain`t it great how everything can get made in China and the prices keep going down? (pure sarcasm)............. 8^o

Probably save big bucks by bying one at a garage sale.

Got ours off ebay sometime ago.

I know I have seen them at Costco. Can't remember the price.

Smoker said:
I know I have seen them at Costco. Can't remember the price.

Trouble with just buying at Costco or other stores, is that they usually have a lower quality model. I figure if I buy their best model (highest quality pump), and I get another 25 years out of it, by that time I just might not be into vacuum sealing any more?

I brought mine to a competition with a ton of Suckie bags. They are great for marinading at a contest. Simply marinate, seal and chuck it in the cooler.

We got the Pro III on ebay brand new for around that price. Use the crap out of it and it does a great job. We got the top of the line because it gets used so much, wanted something that lasts.

Back