Country Style Ribs - Freezer Dive TD

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
For the Freezer Dive TD

The results of a Sunday morning freezer dive to figure out what to make for dinner today - Country Style Ribs (sell by date: 9-12-20) -

0QDpMuH.jpg

Out onto the Goldens' they go, indirect -

eOGvBpX.jpg

tiWtI99.jpg

Can't make ribs without the usual sides. Cornbread and Baked Beans -

ZsoWKkX.jpg

nJxDlVM.jpg

Time to dig in -

o2AW1Po.jpg

tDJkZEo.jpg

All in all, an excellent Sunday dinner despite the year wait to bbq these ribs. :becky:

Thanks for reading through to the end of today's dinner thread! And for another great throwdown idea to help sort through the freezer.

Regards,
-lunchman

That is a great looking plate!! It's a good thing you followed the suggestion on the package to barbecue those things, you may have screwed them up if you hadn't:doh:
I'd sit down to those anytime. Great job, Dom, and we'll worth the wait!

Great cook & great sides :clap2:

I'm confused with the label because country ribs in different parts of the country can be from the butt or from the loin. But I've never heard of country 'spare' ribs. Judging from the bone.... It looks like your country ribs are from the loin. The bone looks like a bone from the back, i.e. a pork chop bone? What is your take?

Great cook & great sides :clap2:

I'm confused with the label because country ribs in different parts of the country can be from the butt or from the loin. But I've never heard of country 'spare' ribs. Judging from the bone.... It looks like your country ribs are from the loin. The bone looks like a bone from the back, i.e. a pork chop bone? What is your take?

I think they're from the shoulder, but I had to do some searching to find this info. A totally different texture than normal ribs, as you say, more like a pork chop. Wide bone, lots of meat attached.

Excellent freezer diving and even better cooking, Dom! Ribs look fantastic!

Back