• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bringing the funk All. Weekend. Long. (AKA The longest live thread ever)

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Its time for my annual Big Pig Jig.. This year is going to be pretty crazy... We're having out of town brethren guests, and lots of special extras, so I figured I'd start a thread to keep things updated. It should be a great weekend..

But first things first. Gotta make some room in the garage, so... Goodbye, sweetheart. You served me well..

Last edited:
This is going to be good. I'm getting my bag of Popcornopolis Zebra.

Out to Wonder Lake IL. Sold her to a good friend of mine. I'll still get to visit once in a while.

That is one fine looking pit. I know you are going to miss it.

Yessir. Had to be done though.. Realized my avatar was out of date now so I updated it to my current smoker...

Last edited:
So is Paul bringing you a new one? :thumb:

Now update your sig line :)

subscribed...where are the pics of the new Shirley?????

Fine choice Matt. :thumb: The WGA and JJ are hands down my favorite cookers and get used more than the rest of my arsenal.

Yessir. Had to be done though.. Realized my avatar was out of date now so I updated it to my current smoker...

While we're waiting I can tell ya a story...

Back in February the Mrs and I signed on with a contractor to turn our little screen porch into a big sunroom.. We said the only catch was it HAD to be done before July 1st. No problem, this is an easy build. We'll start mid april, be done mid May..

Well, mid April became late May, and we 're still not done....

Started here -

And this is now - This pic is a couple days old.. Siding and outside trim is done (still no gutters)

He's got 2 crews out there busting ass trying to get as much done as possible, but there will be no flooring or electrical by Saturday... hard to say what else won't be done.. Driving me nuts. He says that it'll be clean and good for a party, just missing floor.. We'll see. Here's where we were yesterday evening -

Last edited:
i'm digging the addition. i can't remember the last time i heard someone say a contractor finished on time.

To his credit, He's trying really hard to keep his word. And they do great work. As far as contractors go, I could have done a lot worse.

Back