Rack of Lamb Goodness

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Friday night, the Missus called me from the market and asked if I wouldn't mind having rack of lamb for dinner. It's been a while, so I replied with an enthusiastic "Yes!".

After removing the membrane from behind the ribs, I created a rub paste of olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, crushed garlic, and rosemary, like I often do. This time, I thought I would enhance the flavor profile a bit, so I added a bit of Rub Company BBQ seasoning to the mixture, then applied it generously to all surfaces:

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4772.jpg

Fired up the Oval for the usual indirect cook, and added a chunk of pecan:

IMG_4774.jpg

I then put the rack on the cool side to cook indirect:

IMG_4775.jpg

When the meat was about 80% to temp, I moved it to the hot side to help create some crispy goodness:

IMG_4777.jpg

When the internal temp hit about 140, I pulled it and let it rest:

IMG_4782.jpg

After resting for about 10 mins, we sliced it:

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

The lamb was perfectly done, incredibly moist, and super delicious!

Moose, that looks incredibly delicious. I want that so bad!!! Beautiful pics too.
I just wish rack of lamb didn't cost so damn much. I had a Porterhouse steak the other night that was cheap compared to lamb...

Nice job!

I've been stopping and looking at the lamb racks when I'm at Sam's but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. This great tutorial with the beautiful finished product is about the straw to get me to try cooking one soon. I've been following a lot of lamb cookers on this site and I'm going to have to get in that game.

Excellent!

Did you have to take a loan out to pay for that rack of lamb?

I don't even want to look at the prices for lamb here in San Diego!

Nothing better than that right there!!! Awesome looking grub! Your wife's got good taste! :wink::wink:

Cheers

Excellent!

Did you have to take a loan out to pay for that rack of lamb?

I don't even want to look at the prices for lamb here in San Diego!

Not really - this rack cost us just under $13.00 at Trader Joe's. It's funny, the first time I went to Restaurant Depot, I eyed what looked to be a magnificent NZ rack of lamb, so I decided to go for it. I was sorely disappointed- it was fatty and didn't have much flavor at all. We've been sticking with the TJ's lamb racks ever since, and haven't been let down once. Also can't beat the price!

Not really - this rack cost us just under $13.00 at Trader Joe's. It's funny, the first time I went to Restaurant Depot, I eyed what looked to be a magnificent NZ rack of lamb, so I decided to go for it. I was sorely disappointed- it was fatty and didn't have much flavor at all. We've been sticking with the TJ's lamb racks ever since, and haven't been let down once. Also can't beat the price!

Thanks!

I love lamb and will check out TJ!

Hi Moose!

Ta Daaaaaah!
ALFTickofApproval.gif

This is MOOSE's First ALF Award for 2011.

Let me remind everyone that MOOSE was the inaugural winner of the ALF Award of 2010! and recieved a calendar for his efforts!

I'm sure we all looking forward to some more serious ALF competition at the end of this year!

Cheers!

Bill

Back