MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:34 PM   #31
BigKing
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoQ View Post
That looks delicious!!! Brisket would be good that way, but IMnotalwaysHO, unless you catch it on sale, use a cheaper cut than brisket if you want to have pulled beef. Chuck roasts have good fat and flavor for less $$.

I've done the pepper stout pulled beef one time using the chuck roast. The choice chuck roast, at fewer #s, cost me more than the prime brisket would have cost me. This was last fall, but the brisket was somewhere between $2.99 - $3.29 and chuck was significantly more. I went with the chuck anyways because that was what the recipe called for and kind of felt stupid paying more for it, but I feel stupid a lot so no big deal!

As for the brisket and sausages, that was Sunday's lunch/dinner. I've since had the brisket 2x for lunch and every night since. At least one hot link at dinner as well every night. I simply pound the leftovers every night until they are gone, as does my girlfriend. She's more adventurous though as she has tackled pulled pork that has been in the fridge for nearly two weeks.

She's still alive!

Tags
lone star grillz, lone star grillz new models, pulled pork