Oh yeah. Giddyup. Looking forward to the finished product.

Finally getting a chance to post the soup I made last night. Rain was coming down pretty hard where I'm at so was the perfect meal

Chicken thighs seasoned with Everglades Heat

7IPLg5zh.jpg

On skewers and hanging in the PBJ

nHN5IaGh.jpg

fDlD4q4h.jpg

Getting nice color

dGr3IH6h.jpg

Ready

MvPkpsVh.jpg

Deboned, skinned and pulled

hgjftvTh.jpg

Broth ready so dumped the chicken and hominy in

KoAXj9Zh.jpg

447054Th.jpg

Served

iQZKJIFh.jpg

^^^^

Way to start contributing. I love it. Welcome!!

Thanks!! Now if I could just figure out how to resize pics. Since photobucket went down I've been using Imgbb to host, but i can't edit them :(

RO briqs on sale for $5. Anybody have strong feelings for how they perform on the PBC?

I've used them and like them less than KBB...I think they give an off flavor.

For me:

Stubbs
KBB
RO

But they will work in a pinch.....no issues with temp control or odd burn patterns...just don't like the flavor as much.

I've used them and like them less than KBB...I think they give an off flavor.

For me:

Stubbs
KBB
RO

But they will work in a pinch.....no issues with temp control or odd burn patterns...just don't like the flavor as much.

Thanks, Sportster. I've got a garage full of Weber and KBB from last year's sales. If it's not excellent I'll pass. I appreciate the help.

I think Royal Oak is fine on my Webber grill, but I don’t care for it on my PBC. It burns unevenly in my experience.

X2 here. First time I got my barrel I had royal oak at home, so that's what I used. Burned way to hot and couldn't control it at all. I only use kingsford now.

Has anyone ever used Rockwood lump charcoal in their PBC? Just wondering how it performs.

Has anyone ever used Rockwood lump charcoal in their PBC? Just wondering how it performs.

Most don't use lump exclusively in the PBC. But there are a few people who will mix in with a ratio of about 25% lump 75% charcoal.

I've never used Rockwood lump before but if you've used it in other cookers with success it'll probably work fine as described above. I just wouldn't recommend cooking with only lump.

Anyone try pizza on the Pit Barrel yet? What kind of temps can be reached? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone try pizza on the Pit Barrel yet? What kind of temps can be reached? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I haven't tried pizza yet but a few members here have from what I remember. Pretty sure ssv3 (Sako) has. But you won't be able to get the PBC hot enough for a "quick" pizza. Temps will hit 400-450° max in my experience. Plus you really don't wanna get them much higher than that anyway as it could damage the finish.
There is at least one video put out by the PBC company where they cook a pizza and it turned out looking great.
Here's a link to the video
https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/resources/pizza/

If you cook one let us know how it turned out...and pics are always a plus!!!:becky:

Good luck! :thumb:

Wow, I didn't know temps above 400-450 could damage the PBC. I was already planning my extreme mesquite lump inferno to try to replicate Sako's steak post from a couple pages back.

Back