MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:20 AM   #1
BevBrother1
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Giant BBQ Battle

Is anyone planning on competing in this event?
https://bbqindc.com/contests/?welcome=1

We just registered on the KCBS website (it's free), but I cannot find any details on how to actually compete in a "virtual" contest. No guidelines, virtual cooks packet, etc. I e-mailed both the contest & KCBS representatives but have not heard back.

Hoping someone here knows some information?

Thanks!
Jon | Beverage Brothers
BevBrother1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

I signed up to judge this contest, and if I decide to cook it's one click to withdraw my application to judge.

I judged at the Virtual Brisket Contest, cooked for the Virtual Rib Contest and the Virtual Turkey contest. This contest might be a little different because the recent ones were just one meat. But the drill for the brisket, rib and turkey contests were:

Cook your entry, take a before cook photo, a photo during the cook, and a final photo for appearance judging. In the previous contests a clamshell box was not required. You also submitted a 15 second video to showcase your entry. And last, you submit a written summary describing your entry.

EDIT - If you go to THE BBQ League face book page, you can see the top 10 finishers in the brisket, ribs and turkey contests. You will have to scroll down through the other posts to find them but this will give you the general idea of what entries can look like.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #3
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

This is in no way affiliated with The BBQ League or the virtual events that have come before. So how it works or looks could be considerably different, or it might be exactly the same.

Insert some quote about imitation and flattery here.

Old 06-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
BevBrother1
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Thanks to both of you. In between me registering yesterday and posting this today, they've finally added additional details.

In case anyone is interested, they are located here:
https://bbqindc.com/bbq-competition/...ionship-rules/
BevBrother1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2020, 01:16 PM   #5
fwdiii
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

I registered to judge, have not received nor heard of any news on what will happen.
fwdiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2020, 11:58 AM   #6
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

I just got the email posted above this morning, and the dates for most of the various contests is June 1 through June 21, the Military Chef contest ends June 28th.

At first look, cooks entries are photos, video, and recipe.... with a lot of emphasis on the recipe, as in a full blown "original" recipe with a distinct name, and including all the details. Also, the recipe must feature at least two "Official BBQ Battle Products". I'm not sure how to incorporate Colgate toothpaste, or Kleenex tissues into a recipe... but there are plenty of other choices.

So thinking outside the box they have opened the door to creativity verses staying in line with standard competition BBQ presentations or methods.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
giant bbq battle, virtual contest