Burnt ends?!?!

Sanford

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Jeez. Don't mean to be a Karen here. However. All's I read about is burnt ends, slicing that (perfectly good) point up into cubes to smoke it in some sauce and such. But damn, when I make a whole brisket that's the best slices as they are. Period. And yea, there's some smoked ends that are great chopped with sauce, but the whole point.... No. Never. F**k you.

Thanks for listening.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Different strokes for different folks. :blah:

I do bare burnt ends ….because everyone has different tastes on sauce or any sauce at all.

Lol it was a joke. My bad. Should have said thank you instead! [emoji1787]

I actually don't really care what people do I was just having some fun. carry on everyone!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I do bare burnt ends ….because everyone has different tastes on sauce or any sauce at all.

Yeah, no sauce would result in a closer representation of the original burnt ends anyway. These sauced & honey'd & sugar'd & buttered hunks of meat that get braised in said concoction really isn't burnt ends anyway. Twenty years ago that method resulted in what we called "meat candy". Burnt ends were still something slightly different. At some point in the last decade or so, meat candy was referred to as burnt ends enough that the two names merged.

Modern KC burnt ends are still made by tossing with sauce & extra seasoning, and then smoked again until the sauce sets ...

The two posts above, yup I agree. First Sanford, clearly you were being sarcastic with the "f you". I completely saw the humor in it.

Cook, exactly right. Burnt ends has been completely changed from the original meaning. It used to be the burnt ends left over from brisket. That sort of crunchy chewy burnt fat that has some amazing flavor. It was usually more shredded than cubed. It was served to the folks waiting in line, it wasn't some additional menu item.

That sort of crunchy chewy burnt fat that has some amazing flavor.

That's what I consider "burnt ends" when I cook a packer. Truly delicious. And yeah sometimes I put some plain old Heinz BBQ sauce on em...

Burnt ends are now leftovers. Day of the cook everything is sliced as needed. Day two I will make burnt ends with the leftover point and some flat mixed in. Me and youngest like point, Mom and oldest like flat. All like burnt ends....everyone is happy. The rest if any vac seal for chili

I'm thinking they originated in BBQ restaurants where 30 or more briskets were smoked each day and they cut off the burnt tips, that were too small to slice up, of each one and
created a use for them.
Home smokers just did the same with the entire point of one brisket.

Back