MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

Default Kingsford Comp Briquettes

Today I cooked a hot-n-fast Super Bowl brisket cook using the new Kingsford Competition Briquettes, and I was very impressed. They smell very Rancher-esque and burn evenly. I dumped an entire 12-lb bag in the UDS and it hummed along at an average of 350* for the entire six hours (14-lb packer). When I closed the drum down it looked like I had a little under half of the charcoal left.

I'll put a full post with pics up on the blog this week.

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
mredowling
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default what is.....

did you get those here I'm Boise or by mail order? how much?
you going to the big boy toy expo comp. April 3-5. Ill be there on Sat. as a spectator it will be my first time to a comp.
the big boy web site is not working so if you need info i have the organizers phone number i think?? let me know if you need it
ED
mredowling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Alexa RnQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Location: the Ninth Ring of Hell, cleverly disguised as Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioDaddio View Post
They smell very Rancher-esque
I'm happy to hear this! VQ found that the Charcoal Fairy had stopped by recently, and left him a bag of Kcomp in the entryway. I can't wait to try it on a practice cook.

[url=http://www.rhythmnque.com]Rhythm 'n QUE[/url]
Alexa RnQ is offline   Reply With Quote