MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #1
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong
Default Tejas Smokers hot plate and griddle (sorry Blackstone)

Over Thanksgiving the family and I went to Abilene and on the morning of, I crushed it with the adobo garlic fried rice and seared sweet sausage. Their 36” Blackstone griddle didn’t see it coming. This lead the wife into green lighting a Blackstone since I was currently making do with a Little Griddle SQ180 over my propane burner at home. I was ecstatic!

I proceeded to spend the rest of the day reading up on Blackstone reviews and watching countless YouTube videos of people cooking on their Blackstone 36”. Over the course of 4 hours, I somehow talked myself out of it. Only 60,000 BTUs? Yeah, my fried rice was a bit clumpy. The lunchtime beef and broccoli didn’t really stir fry as well as I hoped. What else offers more fire power?

I remember someone posting their Tejas Smokers patio cooker and seeing their offerings. Now this is big boy stuff. Not the Char-griller of griddles like the Blackstone. I customized a 3 burner set up with 100,000 BTUs for each burner. This makes it more than a uni-tasker with the optional griddle. Total was $702 if I added the wind guard and appropriate cables. Ummm... Uhhhh...

Add to shopping cart.

Hot plates are just the burners and frame alone. No legs. I don’t need to wheel it around since it will sit on my Bandera trailer anyway... somehow. And it’s 97 pounds just by itself.

The griddle is another 45 pounds and measures 41”x14”. Better grease drain setup too.

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

I've got several of the Tejas cast burners that I built into my a few of grill areas. Excellent performance, quality and customer support.
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Where are you going to mount the sink? Seems like you are headed in the mobile kitchen direction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

I got a 5 gallon paint bucket somewhere...

Wife said no more cookers in the patio... but the trailer is not the patio so

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

That's pretty cool. Can you shut off burners, or is it all or nothing?

Old 12-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #6
Notorious Q.U.E.
is One Chatty Farker

Slick and well made. Looks like the grease drain system won’t suffer from some of the clogging problems plaguing black stone , congrats

"...can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they broke and you're so paid!!!"
Notorious Q.U.E. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2017, 01:18 PM   #7
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10miler View Post
That's pretty cool. Can you shut off burners, or is it all or nothing?

Yes, each burner can be shut off independently if needed. Doesn’t seem to matter in what succession either.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #8
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

That thing looks awesome. I imagine with that kind of BTU you can get the griddle up to melt your face off hot for searing.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2017, 06:10 PM   #9
hubcity79
Got rid of the matchlight.

can 3 woks fit on that thing?
hubcity79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #10
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcity79 View Post
can 3 woks fit on that thing?

Yep. I have 3 wok wings as well. Each section is 14” and the burner is 10”. Definitely an upgrade over my Gas One that claims to provide 200,000 BTUs for a 10” low pressure connection.