KCBS judging classes

LanceM88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I decided that I wanted to take a KCBS judging class before I start competing. Anyway, there is a class in early February in Aiken South Carolina. I entered and just received an email back. The guy that is organizing the class said to spread the word because we don't have enough students to qualify for KCBS yet. If anybody is interested in taking the class, look up the info on the KCBS site and send in your information. There has to be enough of us that want to take the class. Thanks for the help.

Lance

I am looking at taking a KCBS judging class too but I am in KC and its just too far to travel right now for me. I checked with them and they said there was one here at the royal but they are only showing Shawnee KS, but when you click it it says canceled.

There is one in De Moines IA I am looking at in February or March which I emailed on and they sent me an entry form but nothing about needing more folks. Just looking out.

QProjectKC

QProjectKC - Keep checking every once in awhile. There's usually a few classes in the KC area throughout the year. I suspect organizers are waiting to see how the next few months play out.

We took one at Metro Community College Longview campus last year, right before things went south. I also took one at a church in KCK a few years ago.

I am looking at taking a KCBS judging class too but I am in KC and its just too far to travel right now for me. I checked with them and they said there was one here at the royal but they are only showing Shawnee KS, but when you click it it says canceled.

There is one in De Moines IA I am looking at in February or March which I emailed on and they sent me an entry form but nothing about needing more folks. Just looking out.

QProjectKC

The class in Des Moines (Johnston) is March 27. It's a very good class taught by Rich and Bunny Tuttle. I have helped this class for years.
Here is the link with all the info.
Ed

https://iabbq.org/judges-classes/

QProjectKC - Keep checking every once in awhile. There's usually a few classes in the KC area throughout the year. I suspect organizers are waiting to see how the next few months play out.

We took one at Metro Community College Longview campus last year, right before things went south. I also took one at a church in KCK a few years ago.

Thanks a lot!

I've been limited on grill space until recently. Fixin up an abused OKJ longhorn. Probably need to fab a new firebox FB but smoke is rolling tomorrow, got a set of Butts, my first!

QKC

The class in Des Moines (Johnston) is March 27. It's a very good class taught by Rich and Bunny Tuttle. I have helped this class for years.
Here is the link with all the info.
Ed

https://iabbq.org/judges-classes/

Thanks a lot! I gotta see what my schedule looks like pretty sure I seen some recommendations about the tuttles before when I was lurking. They were the folks that are on the canceled Shawnee, KS session. I think being around other judges would be a very informative experience.

QKC

Thanks a lot! I gotta see what my schedule looks like pretty sure I seen some recommendations about the tuttles before when I was lurking. They were the folks that are on the canceled Shawnee, KS session. I think being around other judges would be a very informative experience.

QKC

Rich and Bunny are great. They taught my class back in February this year, but I've known them through competitions for about the last 5 or so years.

They are obviously judges and judge instructors, but they are also reps, and they compete. They have probably forgotten more about KCBS than many of us will know. Be sure to ask them, and your table, questions that you have.

Rich and Bunny are great. They taught my class back in February this year, but I've known them through competitions for about the last 5 or so years.

They are obviously judges and judge instructors, but they are also reps, and they compete. They have probably forgotten more about KCBS than many of us will know. Be sure to ask them, and your table, questions that you have.

If I remember correctly Bunnys KCBS member number is 4.....
Ed

Back