New member in central Virginia piedmont

capinbuck

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Long time lurker - I have enjoyed the content of this forum for several years now. As a member of the Brethren, look forward to learning more and hopefully having an opportunity to contribute/share for the benefit of others.

I predominantly grill over charcoal and occasionally smoke with a charcoal-based smoker or kettle (currently have a Hunsaker drum and 22” Performer + SNS and vortex). I also like cooking with wood in the 700F range: making pizza in my wood-fired pizza oven.

My grandmother gave me her ‘70s era yellow Weber kettle back in the 1990s when she bought a gas grill. I fell in love with cooking over hot coals on that little thing. I used it for several years before hacking it into my first pizza oven. (Desecrating that vintage grill is source of deep regret.)

So, I am mostly a griller and baker but always hoping to improve my smoking game, since I do it somewhat infrequently. I really aspire to hit the “clean” smoke from BBQ joints that cook over wood and achieve that sorta "je ne sais quoi” woodsmoke flavor.

Anyway, I appreciate this site and the helpfulness of folks here!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Mostly a friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome from Moseley!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back