THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BuffaloDave

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
David
Alright 20-25 ppl for a little bbq drop off. They wanted everything...

Brisket
Pulled pork
Smoked/Char pit wings

Baked beans
smoked sweet potatoes, maple butter

pickled red onions/rolls

My question is with 3 meats how much would you figure i need cooked?

My thought was 4oz brisket, 4oz pork, 4 wings each. Adult males but they also chose very filling sides. Is that too little on brisket? To me that seems like a pretty nice plate- let's be honest, I'm trying to get away with cooking just 1 big packer.

We define out what we are providing for the $$. In this case, it would probably be 3oz each of pork and brisket and 2 wings per person. Client says that's not enough wings then my response is you can add wings per person at $$ per wing, how many per person would you like to add?

I think you're assessment is right on. If brisket is their main "must have" I'd maybe do a 14-16lb packer (and less wings), one big pork butt, 50 wings, 1/2 tray of beans and 1/2 tray of sweet potatoes. That's asking everyone to eat over a pound of heavy heavy food. I think they'd still have leftovers.

That will make approximately:
~8lbs brisket (6oz each)
~6lbs of pork (4oz each)
50 wings (2 each)
Sides
Rolls/onions

Last edited:
Back