Looking for some BBQ Mentors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQAroma

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hello there... I'm from Sydney Australia.

To cut a long story short I given up a full time well paid job to open up my own Charcoal BBQ business.

Crazy as it may seem, I think I am the only one in Australia exclusivley importing and selling charcoal BBQs plus I find myself educating many here on the basics like starting a BBQ and what meats to cook over charcoal - its like a forgotten artform over here in Sydney at least.

I'm not here to sell or promote my business but wanting to lean and see other methods and in particular BBQ equipment.

My hope is that I can introduce many different styles and methods of charcoal grilling in my part of the world as we are very much BBQ crazy in Oz as well.

This forum seems to have plenty of ideas so I hope I can get great tips from those that know.

Many thanks.... and if you are ever in my part of the world you have to come try my mini lamb skewers grilled directly over Regum Charcoal. (I started a food stall biz almost by accident when demonstrating an Italian made narrow skewer grill).

Well, you will have people from all the BBQ regions of the US here. There is a lot in common in BBQ, but there are also differences from region to region. Here in Texas, brisket is king, but go to the Carolinas, and it is pulled pork -- and even the pulled pork is different depending on whether you go North, South, East or West in the Carolinas.

I love it all.

Are you promoting more on the grilling side, or the BBQ side -- or both?

CD

Thanks for the warm welcome... I have an ambition to one day gather a group of Aussies to tour the best of the best BBQs in the US. So many different styles - I want to try them all.
As to your question CD, I have learnt in my first year in my business that I should not sell the physical BBQ itself but what you can cook on it. So realistically I'm selling the grilling experience more than anything.

Welcome from Iowa.

So are you importing charcoal? What specifically are you selling? We have several people here that sell rubs, sauces and equipment.

Let us know we will try to help.

Greetings and welcome to the forum!!! Sounds like you have started something special down there! Keep it up and know that we'll help if we can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back