Chicken Bombs

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I hadn't cooked chicken bombs in at least a couple of years. Figured I was way past due so I cooked some today using chicken thighs, bacon, shredded cold smoked pepper jack cheese mixed with cream cheese, and jalapenos.

I didn't want the chicken to be done before the bacon was crisped so I par-cooked the bacon weave in the MAK first. Since it is a little hard to make much of a weave on thighs with full sized bacon strips I sliced all of the bacon in half before assembling the weave.
o5xB1tC.jpg

Filled the jalapenos with the cheese mix, pounded the chicken flat, seasoned with a little Simply Marvelous Genie's Hooch rub, rolled the chicken around the pepper and wrapped in the bacon weave. Applied a little more rub and onto the Small BGE at 350.
uv4rhdt.jpg

Sauced with a little of The Next Big Thing sauce prior to pulling them off the Egg.
e0XeDUt.jpg

Sliced and served
e7PAy8D.jpg

It was pretty tasty. Thanks for looking!

First time seeing these that I remember.
they look massively appealing

First time seeing these that I remember.
they look massively appealing

Thanks Titch! They don’t seem to be posted that often these days.

I was thinking the same, on both accounts. The bacon weave with the half strips of bacon, is seriously impressive.

Thanks, most folks just wrap strips around the thighs which works. I thought I’d try the weave. The weave looks pretty until slicing and it is hard to keep it together. Might just skip slicing and just pick it up and eat next time :becky:.

That looks amazing John Really enjoy your cooks

Thanks George! I like cooking and taking pics so it’s fun for me.

I wanna get "bombed"! You have some mad bacon skills!:thumb:

Very nice John! I cooked Pastrami Rubens at the BBQ shop for all the guys today. I'll let you know next time. Great chicken bombs and I'll never understand how/why the cream cheese doesn't ooze out....

Back