MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 05-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default yakfishinfools Kyaking/breast cancer event. NE area brethren!

I locked the other thread so we can start planning fresh. Heres a link for reference if needed.

The Event is at Flloyd Bennet Field.

i cant get together tonight, but a meeting at Wilies tomorrow night is better. I will be talking to Joey shortly and getting the order in.

With Matt out of the running, we have no Grill.

BigBarry, think u can schmooze the rental place for a donation of a Big John? We will be glad to put up their sign. If not, anyone who can, bring a kettle. For cooker space its MOAB(and I may just bring the Bionic Bandera or the BYC) and Militants Squatters Spicewine.

Yak, can u please establish a meeting time and location for us to arrive and get setup. We need to be there around 10 to setup, and begin the pre-work party.

We will need a few tables for serving. I will have 2 extra, 2 more would be helpful.

Tonight I will post a strategy and timeline, but roughly;

Dinner Menu, 5-7PM saturday. Pulled pork sammy, chicken quater and corn on the cob with 3 sides.(potatoe,slaw, mac)

Breakfast 5-7 am sunday. Scrambled Eggs, bacon, sausage, rolls.

Arrive 10-11 Saturday. Setup and start party.
Dinner starts serving at 5. So chicken pit must be hot at 2 to start cooking.
BUTT pulling to begin at 4. WillieB will be precooking the butts on Friday so we just heat and pull and assemble sammys.

I will be cooking some "other stuff" during the day to entice, tease and torture. Dont know what, but who cares. (maybe chili?)..

Lets get a roll call going NOW of who is definately in and i will start with a preliminary plan to hammer out tomorrow night.

ROLL CALL!!!!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
BBQchef33

I'm in.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 05-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

I am there, not square.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

I'm in. I will be there before 3pm Sat.

I'll try for a Big John from Taylor. If not, I can bring a kettle.

What's the website for the charity? I want to print it out and take it with me.

Also,can someone pick it up? I don't think it will fit in my Jeep.

I can bring a table or 2 also.
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
BBQchef33

http://www.castingforrecovery.org/

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

OK guys, I will meet you at the actual cooking area at 10am. I'm the fat guy looking for Q. When you pull into the place you look to the right for the main runway, cross over it and head for the water/air museum. The road seems to narrow at a fence line and then opens up to the actual parking/cooking area. Phil, I will pm my cell phone and have it on. feel free to pass to others coming as needed. I do have a 12x12 canopy with me and a couple of chairs. Maybe even a small prep table. Scott
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

I can bring my kettle, I'm not sure how many helpers I'll be bringing but will let you know :)
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #8
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Phil,

I'm a bit dense, can you clarify something for me? You mentioned 'party' twice. Are you referring to brethren getting together and joking around as food is prepared or is there something more that I'm missing?

Is there a plan for brethren eating? Would it be in poor taste for us (me) to bring burgers or something for our own consumption or are people pitching in towards a more centralized meal?

Thanks!

Eric
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #9
MilitantSquatter

I will be able to get there around 12 noon. ( Just realized what a pain in the arse it's gonna be to get to Floyd Bennett Field/Flatbush Ave. since I can't take the the trailer on the Belt Pkwy right to the exit).

My trailer is still loaded from the Salisbury, MD contest, so I'll have the Spicewine, a 22" kettle grill, two canopies and (3) 6 ft. Costco tables among other stuff.

What are we doing for light after the sun goes down ? I forgot if it was mentioned that electricity was going to be available or not. I have an extension cord and halogen spotlight if there is electric

Eric - While we are "cooking for charity", it's also just a reason for us to hang out, cook, eat, drink and show off our skills to the kayakers...I think cooking other misc. food will be fine...we'll just need to ensure we have enough space and get the kayak meals cooked first. I'm sure we can cook up some burgers, sausage etc. on the grill after the other meat is off.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

I do believe Joey was arranging a generator for you folks. I know at least two are coming. Scott
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
Old 05-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #11
BBQchef33

Correction, dinner is at 7, breakfast 5:45.

As long as the kayakers get: A pulled pork Sammi, 1/4 chicken, 1/2 ear of corn and 2 sides....... and eggs/bacon/sausage for breakfast.....We can cook anything we want!!! Im bringing stuff too, just havent decided what. Anyone up for linguine and clam sauce? And i also promised to cook Elias's family the full monty of a bbq comp. Think the bandera will be for recreational cooking.

We will need a couple of coolers too for our own stuff. Im bringing my marine coolers, but one will be loaded with butts.

Electricity will be supplied via generator. The trailer has a full fridge in it that will be needed for the chicken, bacon, sausage, etc.. and beer/cabo.

Water: They will have a hose hookup but we need to get it to the site. I have 150 foot hose, we may need one more long one if someone has.

By party.... I mean.. we are all together... its a parking lot bash.

I am targeting 10-11 arrival and will be picking up the meats from Willie on the way in.

20 Butts wil be cooked to 180, we need to finish on site, then pull and prep.

chicken is all done onsite, so be prepared to rub and prep 250 pieces of chicken.

500 buns, 20 lbs of slaw/potato salad, and 140 ears of corn.

Big barry, can u bring your turkey fryer and big pot? and anyone else have one? I'm bringing mine too, but we need to boil water for the corn.

timeline.

dinner starts at 7.

We should have all the butts pulled by 6, which means they need to be done by 4 to give time to rest and start pulling at 5. Vinnie, will the spicebox hold 20 butts?

I am hoping to have at least 6 people pulling and building sammis, while 3 of us man the pits to have the chicken done at the right time.

Salads will be put in chafing dishes for self serve. We hand them a plate with sammi, chx and corn.

Breakfast starts at 5:45. Bacon we can precook Saturday night and heat in a chafing dish in the morning. Sausage we can do in the spicebox.

i will have a 3 burner stove, but cooking 400 eggs is going to be a challenge. I am hoping we get the big john, and we can just cook them in chafing dishes on the grill.

BigBarry, if they wont donate, i think we may just rent, inquire on price please.

WillieB, Can we borrow your 80 qt pot?

So, the weapons so far are.

Me, MOAB, Bandera, Hondo if needed. Kettle(2 if needed). 3 burner stove. Turkey fryer. 2 tables. Hoses.

Vinnie. Spicebox and Kettle, canopies and 3 tables.

Queenie; Kettle.

More to come.. i think i hurt my brain with all this.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Old 05-02-2007, 06:56 AM   #12
MilitantSquatter

I will have the Spicebox, kettle, canopies and tables. I will also have an 100 'extension cord, lights, a hose splitter and hose.

At a bare minimum I can fit 16 butts (4 shelves x 4 butts each)
I might be able to fit 5-6 butts depending on how big the butts are, which would take us to 20-24 butts. I have a fifth shelf which could fit another 4-6 butts but the height clearance on the top rack is a bit lower.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #13
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Poobah,

Unfortunately I can not attend this one. My nephew (Gary's son Cole) is graduating college this weekend and we will be attending the ceremony and a bash for him up in Connecticut.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #14
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy View Post
Poobah,

Unfortunately I can not attend this one. My nephew (Gary's son Cole) is graduating college this weekend and we will be attending the ceremony and a bash for him up in Connecticut.

You will be missed! Tell Cole we said congrats
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #15
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

Poobah, I will be there to help. Please keep me in mind. I'll do some yakking and some helping. I can bring another big marine sized cooler if needed. Want it? I really don't have anything sitting around meat wise, sorry. Next weekend is a big cook for me. Also Jon will have 125 feet of hose there, so that should be covered. Anything else I can help with, just let me know. Scott
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com