Cooker at the Curb:

BBQ_MAFIA

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I looked out the window and see the neighbor has a basic off set at the curb with his trash. Looks like he also has a damaged Kamodo Joe out there too. The Joe looks destroyed but the rolling stand looks ok.

The offset has rust but can probably be brought back to life with a little work.
I bet it has been used only once or twice a a grill.

Such a shame.

Attachments

• 9F47162B-9402-4FC8-BCBA-11755F6FA183.jpg
    9F47162B-9402-4FC8-BCBA-11755F6FA183.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 283
  • BFB1798D-0C0C-4F1D-BD25-4B1344953A7D.jpg
    BFB1798D-0C0C-4F1D-BD25-4B1344953A7D.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 280
The fact that the hood on the cook chamber has more rust than the firebox tells me that the main heat source was in the cook chamber.

He probably couldn't handle the fire in the fire box so he just used it as a grill.

When I bought my Longhorn (a decade ago) it was the same. Cook chamber was full of partial burnt lump. The seller was switching to a pellet grill. With a little/lot of work I got a f-ing great smoker 'cause he didn't know how to use it.

Grab the kamado cart and check the Igloo cube cooler. Might be good for a bbq cart/table and a redneck cambro. The smoker looks like it made of thin metal, probably not worth saving...JMHO

Nah, the last thing I need is a to bring home is a cooker or any other stuff.
I already have too many. At least that is what my wife says.
Curiosity did get the best of me and I did go check it out.
The little offset was in good shape beyond the exterior rust.
With a wire wheel and on an grinder and a coat of paint it would be ready to cook on.

Grab the kamado cart and check the Igloo cube cooler. Might be good for a bbq cart/table and a redneck cambro. The smoker looks like it made of thin metal, probably not worth saving...JMHO

I would snatch the offset cooker if it's salvageable. Clean it out and hit it with a coat of high temp paint and put it on Craigslist or FB Marketplace for $50 OBO. Easy money.

Back