T.Mac's Latin Wings - w/ Soft Pr0N

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Thanks to T.Mac's gracious sharing of his Latin Wings recipe, we just had a ridiculously amazing dinner.

T.Mac said:
I've done it with thighs before several times and it just explodes with flavor. This will be the first time with wings, but it should be similar, with even more tasty crispy skin.

I use two parts Badia mojo to one part Badia sour orange and marinate for about 48 hours in the fridge. Then pat dry, rub in some Badia sazon tropical and let rest uncovered in the fridge for at least an hour.

Friday afternoon, I followed directions and used 1 cup of Mojo criollo to 1/2 cup of Bitter Orange.

2017-01-13%2013.46.25_zpsfisesjfc.jpg

I'd intended to marinate these until Sunday... but, "life happened," and I cooked them up on Monday evening.

The bird didn't look all that special when I drained the marinade and let it rest in the fridge, covered with some

tajin-clasico.jpg

I couldn't find the Badia sazon tropical, but Trev assured me that the Tajin Clasico would also be tasty. He wasn't kidding.

Fired up the kettle with the Vortex... let her rip for just about an hour...

2017-01-16%2018.48.12_zpsttpvbazy.jpg

2017-01-16%2018.48.18_zpsrrxljpei.jpg

Huge thanks to T.Mac for the results... but I'll have you know that ownership of the last wing almost came to blows.

If you folks haven't tried this and have access to Amazon or a Hispanic Grocery... you need some of this in your lives.

Wow! Incredible looking wings, thanks for sharing... Definitely going to pickup some Tajin.

Those look great, SD! Glad they were such a hit. :thumb:

If anyone is looking for a good place to source the ingredients, all three can be found in the Latin section of Wal-Marts in my neck of the woods, but YMMV in other regions.

Just put some thighs in the Mojo/bitter orange mixture tonight for grilling Thurs or Fri.

Those look great Marc, and I know they tasted great too because that Tajin stuff rocks! I use it all the time on my wings. :thumb:

Gotta knock the pron though. What's up with the soft stuff? I'm into the hard core pron! Come on now....lol. :becky:

Back