Building first Fatties. Did I mess up?

A

AJ Peacock

Guys,

I put together a couple fatties that I'm going to throw on the smoker at 4am in the morning. Going to take them over to a friend of mines place in the morning for breakfast.

The first one is a simple JD hot wrapped around some scrambled eggs/jalapenos/cheese then wrapped in a bacon weave.

The second one I'm worried about. My friend is a big fan of Corned beef hash, so I took some prepared hash and put a 1/4" layer right from the can, added a little cheese and rolled it up. In retrospect, I'm thinking I should have browned it in a skillet first. It would be a little tough to 'take it apart' now.

I was planning on cooking them at 225F until internal temp is 160, then foil for an hour.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
AJ

Sounds great to me. The hash is already cooked so should be good. Look forward to results.
John

You will be fine the hash won't have a crust, but even if you started with some crunchy bits they would have softened while cooking anyway. Sounds great. Toss on a naked fatty for good measure.

Here are the pictures

Thanks guys,

They turned out absolutely great. Added some gravy to the corned beef one and it was fantabulus.

2013-05-26%2007.50.24.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3i2lvljx5x54o0/2013-05-26 07.50.24.jpg

The Breakfast one was great. It's amazing how filling these babies are!

2013-05-26%2008.54.18-1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhfgib8bevo1osx/2013-05-26 08.54.18-1.jpg

Thanks,
AJ

Looks good from here. I need someone to wake up at 4 am to make me some of those for sure.

I seems almost everyone that tries fatties are won over by them. Congratulations on a great job.
John

You did a great job! They look very tasty! :hungry:

They look fantastic. Perfect bacon weave! I'm still learning the art of the weave; mine always end up hanging a bit loose and separating more than I'd like. Nice work!

are you taking friends applications?...top of my list of requirements is "brings me smoked bacon wrapped meat"...we should hang out.

MMM gravy bacon and sausage with some corned beef hash, whats not to like!:mrgreen:

Back